The House GOP Fart Joke Routine is Over, Recess Begins

After passing the Don’t Cast Aspersions On My Asparagus Act, House Republicans passed the “Keep the IRS Off Your Health Care Act of 2013″ today, which marks the party’s 40th attempt to repeal Obamacare.

The mostly party-line vote was 232-185.

The “Keep the IRS Off Your Health Care Act of 2013,” sponsored by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), would prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from implementing “any provisions of or amendments made by” the Affordable Care Act.

Just in case you haven’t been keeping track — there’s still no immigration bill, farm bill, transportation bill, defense bill, or education bill signed into law and the federal government hasn’t been funded beyond September 30th yet.

Congressional Republicans are now going to spend the next month sermonizing at town halls where they will rail against the inadequacies of government. A government they run.

You don’t like Washington? Neither do we! We’re asking for your vote to ensure that government remains nonfunctional.

This entry was posted in Congress, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    You don’t like Washington?

    Then get the hell out and leave it to the people, who in keeping with the founders, wish to continue to “form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity.”

    That’s from the preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America, a document you bray endlessly about but have never bothered to read.

    You have utter contempt for the government instituted to carry out the provisions of that Constitution that will accomplish the goals addressed in the preamble, and for the people of this country.

    So just get out, you braying, oafish, ignorant, soulless, hateful freaks. Leave Washington, and don’t come back. We won’t miss you.

  • Mike_Norris

    I have nothing but utter contempt for Republicans–all of them. I think Ashby is right–conservatism is a mental disorder.

  • muselet

    It gets better: after the August recess, the House is scheduled to be in session for nine days in September.

    Because doing bugger-all is exhausting. Or something.

    –alopecia