The NRA Continues to Lose Its Shpadoinkle

The National Rifle Association thinks it’s a trespass against the 2nd Amendment to ban bullets containing lead. Lead bullets are totally unnecessary, of course, but the NRA think the ban would discriminate against the constitutional rights of hunters.

The NRA is also targeting zoos. For some reason.

“Anti-lead ammunition groups will not rest until all lead ammunition, and ultimately hunting, is banned,” the gun lobby claimed in a Friday press release.

The NRA singled out a law under consideration in California which would require hunters in the Golden State to use lead-free ammunition. Lead free bullets are widely available from top manufacturers, and have not been shown to function any differently than bullets containing the highly toxic element. [...]

Scientists aren’t the NRA’s only new targets. Nonprofits like the San Diego Zoo and the California Condor Recovery Team are also on the enemies list. The NRA claims these groups “have considerable influence over many legislators and regulators,” which they use to “capture” the regulatory agencies and bureaucrats responsible for lead ammunition restrictions.

Yes, the NRA’s cheese continues to fall off its cracker.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Badgerite

    They take lead out of a lot of things these days. Paint. Gas. It is harmful to the environment and harmful to humans. These people are beyond nuts.

  • Mike_Norris

    “NRA claims these groups ‘have considerable influence over many legislators and regulators,’”
    Am I just beginning to notice this or are conservatives reaching new lows in their blatant hypocrisy? I mean, jeezus, how irony impaired can the NRA not see or hear what they have stated. Are they kidding here? Ashby is proved more right everyday: conservatism is a mental illness.

    • LeShan Jones

      Well clearly they trust their own motives more than they trust these other groups.
      After all, if you can’t trust a group that peddles weapons of death, why would you trust a group that preserves the lives of a bunch of critters.

  • Draxiar

    They want lead in their bullets because they have none in their pencil.

    • http://www.tumblr.com/blog/akinsc Carla Akins

      LMAO.

  • LeShan Jones

    The NRA (the most useless organization in America) generally is against ANY laws aimed at any part of a firearm. They will willfully twist simple legislation into some sort of twisted
    conspiracy to install a dictatorship in America, look at the nuts in Pennsylvania rallying around the crazy police chief.

    They assume that anything looking to regulate or ban parts of weapons is really aimed at full confiscation which in itself is the first move towards tyranny.

    The John Birch society has been allowed to fully take over a major political party and the country is suffering for it.

      At this point, I want to see every gun and bullet registered and lo-jacked. These defective and greedy people are doing everything in their power to avoid taking responsibility for their deadly little fetish. The NRA and its supporters needs to stop snorting the marketing.

  • kushiro -

    I, for one, will not rest until I can load up my .45 with plutonium bullets. Just makes it easier to see the hoodie-wearing thugs deer after I shoot them on my nightly patrols.

      Think big— think ICBMs with MIRVs. How can any of us sleep at night knowing that we can’t protect ourselves from every conceivable threat with a bigger threat. As soon as I’ve finished with my Doomsday machine, I’ll show everyone who’s boss and who is really free as soon as I find out where my ferret hid the controls.

      • kushiro -

        You should tell your ferret to take some responsibility. The only thing that can stop a bad ferret with a Doomsday machine is a good ferret with a Doomsday machine.

  • muselet

    Of course organizations like the San Diego Zoo and the California Condor Recovery Team would support efforts to ban lead ammunition. They see the appalling consequences of lead ingestion by wildlife on a regular basis.

    If the NRA were an individual, that individual would long since have been prescribed antipsychotics.

    –alopecia

  • 1933john

    Thought I would share this from Harper’s Weekly Review,

    “A 12-year-old Pennsylvania boy held up a 10-year-old boy’s lemonade stand with a BB gun, and a Detroit pastor was shot to death when he asked his neighbors to quiet down”.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “Anti-lead ammunition groups will not rest until all lead ammunition, and ultimately hunting, is banned,”

    This is the sole thought process of the NRA no matter what is proposed: “[person/organization] will not rest until all hunting is banned”.

    Doesn’t matter how incidental the person/organization’s goal is. To the NRA, it’s clear their real goal is the complete ban on hunting. It’s the pure black/white, 110%-with-us-or-120%-against-us-those-are-the-ONLY-options mindset that is the cornerstone of the insecurity that leads them to cling to their substitutions for manhood guns.

    “Soccer moms wan’t more crossing guards at school intersections because they’re in favor of more gov’t intrusion in our lives because they want a powerful gov’t that will take your guns.”

  • jebediahspringfield

    Lead makes people dumber. The last thing the NRA needs is for its membership to start recovering from lead poisoning.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAA!!!