Town Hall Season: Impeachment is a “Dream Come True”

During a town hall meeting held by Representative Kerry Bentivolio (R-MI) this week, Bentivolio was confronted by another unhinged lady demanding to know when someone is going to do something to stop that darn Obama from destroying the constitution.

Q: I need to know what Congress, who, is going to stop Obama from everything that he’s doing against our constitution. He needs to be stopped [crosstalk] it should have been started a long time ago and it hasn’t been started yet and I’m getting very nervous. And I need to know who and when is somebody going to finally draw up something that’s going to stop this runaway train that we have in the White House.

BENTIVOLIO: If I could write that bill and submit it [crosstalk] it would be a dream come true. I feel your pain. I stood twelve feet away from the guy and listened to him. I couldn’t stand being there, but because he is president I have to respect the office. That’s my job, as a Congressman. I respect the office.

I went back to my office and I’ve had lawyers come in, and these are lawyers with Ph.Ds in history, and I said ‘tell me how I can impeach the President of the United States.’

What evidence do you have? You’ve gotta have evidence. [...]

Until we have evidence, you’re going to become a laughing stock if you submit a bill to impeach the president. Because number one you’ve gotta convince the press, and there are some people out there, no matter what Obama does, he’s still the greatest president they have ever had. That’s what you’re fighting.

Representative Bentivolio just couldn’t stand to sit in front of the president and listen to him. His animosity so great, and his intolerance so unparalleled, that he could hardly contain himself as a member of Congress listening to the commander in chief.

And apparently being forced to sit twelve feet away from the president and listen to him speak was such a traumatic experience, Bentivolio immediately went back to his office and asked a team of lawyers how he could impeach the president. Impeach the president for forcing him to sit twelve feet away and listen. For having the audacity.

The real tell here is that Bentivolio actually does admit that there is no evidence that the president has broken any laws, however he prefaces that admission with a personal story about how he hates the president just as much as you do. He says he can’t stand being around the president or listening to him speak. And he says this as the ravenous crowd in front of him is commanding him to write that bill to impeach the president immediately.

“Do it” the lady commands, while another man says “it’s pretty obvious” what the evidence is.

These people are a pack of wild dogs foaming at the mouth with hatred fueled by Fox News and Hate Radio. Although, to be fair, there are characters on the left these days who also allege that the president has violated the constitution, however we all know who the primary culprits of this are.

(h/t ThinkProgress)

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Evidence? Damn! I knew he’d a find a loophole to escape impeachment!

  • Vic78

    Democrats should use this footage to win reasonable districts. They should be able to get some senate seats from it as well.

  • KarenJ

    Let’s see what they’ve got — or not:

    1) No evidence of “high crimes or misdemeanors”.

    2) A potential bill to impeach in the House based on “no evidence” might/might not pass.

    3) But, contrary to Rafael Edward Cruz’s claims yesterday*, not only would a majority of TP/GOP votes in the Senate to convict not be enough, there would have to be 67 out of 100 Senators voting for conviction of POTUS.

    *that TP/GOP would gain the majority in the Senate and retire Harry Reid.

  • Vipsanius

    “Too large to be an insane asylum. Too small to be a country”.
    The hotheads are having fun in the HoR.

    Run, little white people, RUN! Aaah! He’s right behind you!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Het Bentivolo. The fact that you were even considering impeaching President Obama shows you’re a laughing stock, dumbasshole.