Town Hall Season: The “Fraudulent Birth Certificate” and Impeachment

It’s the second week of August and that means Town Hall Season is just getting underway.

In response to another crazy lady’s request that the president’s “fraudulent” origin be investigated, Representative Blake Farenthold (R-TX) said that the House could impeach the president tomorrow, but the Senate would rain on their parade. And Bill Clinton tragically redefined sex for young people. Or something.

0:25

Q: I want to ask you, will you review this and get back to me and let me know if you will support Steve Stockmen of Texas, Ted Yoho of Florida, and Representative Barletta of Pennsylvania? Because they are all supporitng this effort to determine the real truth behind the fraudulent birth certificate of Barack Obama. And this affidavit is from Mike Zullo and it tells you everything about the birth certificate.

FARENTHOLD: I’ll certainly take a look at it and I’m going to tell you [...] I think unfortunately the horse is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue. The original Congress when his eligibility came up should have looked into this but they didn’t. I’m not sure how we fix it but I’ll take a look at what you’ve got.

Q: I would just say this proves a felony has been committed. Now, who committed it? We have got to decide as a nation; do we allow a president, if he has committed a felony, do we allow him to go unpunished?

FARENTHOLD: Here’s the issue. You tie into a question I get a lot. If everybody’s so unhappy with what the president’s done, why don’t you impeach him? I’ll give you a real frank answer about that. If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted. And the way impeachment works is the House brings articles of impeachment and there’s a trial in the Senate and if he’s convicted in the Senate he’s thrown out of office.

We saw what happened when President Clinton was impeached. I say this half in jest and half seriously because it’s easy to laugh at President Clinton, but as a result of impeaching President Clinton, we’ve redefined what sex is to a lot of our young people and we’ve said it’s okay to lie to Congress. I think that’s been woven into the thread of our society. That failed impeachment attempt actually damaged the country. What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for, is found innocent? What do we say then is okay?

I may be mistaken, but I believe the crazy woman confronting Farenthold over the president’s “fraudulent birth certificate” and providing him with documents released by Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s birther posse is the same woman who lost her shit in front of Representative Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) last week. And whoever this lady is, she’s going from one town hall to another presenting this affidavit from Mike Zullo, one of Joe Arpaio’s investigators, and demanding another birther investigation. Completely unhinged.

As for what a blowjob in the oval office has to do with damaging society or defining what sex means to “young people,” I couldn’t tell you. I was a teenager when Bill Clinton was impeached and my world wasn’t shattered. In fact, I couldn’t have given less of a shit and thought it was politically-motivated waste of time. My primary question at the time was “who cares?”

And I’m not sure what any of that has to do with the president’s “fraudulent birth certificate” other than to indirectly blame the Democratically-controlled Senate for allowing a secret-Kenyan to remain in power as president.

That’s convenient.

This entry was posted in Birthers, Racism, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    If you’re using Joe Arpaio as someone to make your case about Obama’s birth certificate, than you deserve to be mocked and laughed at for the dumb loser you are.

  • Grant Beaudette

    Impeachment talk from Republicans is always about getting the votes, never about actually having a reason. The first thing I ever heard about Todd Akin (even before the rape nonsense) was the exact same thing.

    • D_C_Wilson

      He’s Obama!

      They don’t need any other reason. Just like how they hate the individual mandate that they used to like once it became contaminated with Kenyna Cooties.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for, is found innocent?”

    Yes, what message would we send to the country if we let people who are found innocent of the crime they’re charged with to go free?

    Gods!

  • Mike_Norris

    I have to ask this question since the regular media seems to be avoiding the subject like it is radiation. What exactly do these birther rubes really want? Just how in the hell are they going to defend their new hero Ted Cruz–WHO WAS BORN IN CANADA?!! For christ’s sake. They have never understood what the constitution means by “natural birth” anyway. It was always that Barack Obama is black–and is not one of us. Conservativism really is a mental illness. I believe it more each day.

    • fry1laurie

      Exactly. Cruz, born in Canada, claims U.S. citizenship because of his American-born mother. But apparently President Obama (mother born in Kansas) is not worthy of the same consideration.

      • Mike_Norris

        And that fact is the height of Republican hypocrisy.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Remember how all those teabaggers suddenly remembered how outraged they were over excessive government spending just as soon as Bush left office and the black guy took over? It’s like that, only in reverse. As soon as Cruz officially announces his candidacy, every single birther who is currently screeching about how the possibility of a president born in another country is the end of republic will fall silent.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I can never stop stressing how irresponsible it has been for GOP politicians and media enablers to perpetuate this nonsense.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Just once, wouldn’t it be great if a republican congressman had the balls to say, “Look, I don’t like Obama and I certainly don’t support his policies, but this whole birther nonsense is just bullshit. He’s an American and he’s the president. That’s the reality we have to deal with and indulging in fantasies the we can somehow negate the last two elections is a waste of time and effort.”?

      Yeah, I’m not holding my breath either.

    Talk about being blinded by racism— either she simply cannot believe that a black man was actually elected to the presidency in the U.S., or she hates African-Americans so much that she doesn’t care how crazy she looks. To be a stupid disciple of Oily Taitz is a pitiful way to go through life.

  • muselet

    Mike Zullo’s affidavit is worth a read, if only as an example of the birfers’ these-are-the-conclusions-on-which-I-base-my-facts mindset.

    Executive summary for those disinclined to torture themselves: Hawaiian officials were mean to us, therefore Barack Obama was born in Kenya.

    Are we sure this isn’t the same crazy cat lady who was in Oklahoma the other day?

    • JMAshby

      From what I’ve gathered, it is the same lady.

      • Bubble Genius

        Can we find out whose payroll she’s on?