What Could Be More Violent?

According to Iowa congressman and secret border control agent Steve King, we shouldn’t allow immigrants into America because they’re violent people.

“If you bring people from a violent civilization into a less-violent civilization, you’re going to have more violence right? It’s like pouring hot water into cold water, does it raise the temperature or not?” -Steve King on Immigration Reform

The obvious question is what could possibly be more violent than America?

There are more than 300 million guns in this country and we have an incredibly high number of gun deaths each year. Anywhere from 30 to 40 percent of the major opposition party in this country fantasizes about armed rebellion on a daily basis, and these dickless wonders do things like carry their guns into Starbucks to show their solidarity for the liberty to accidentally shoot their neighbors, their children, or themselves.

USA! USA!

To say that we shouldn’t allow immigrants into the country because they come from a violent culture is not very dissimilar to telling people they should avoid black people because black people are violent. And if we’re going to get into an argument over who’s the bigger caveman, I’m going to suggest that Steve King is.

Proposing that we adopt policies based on racial stereotypes is the essence of racism.

This entry was posted in Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
    • dudette9t9

      LOL! Indeed it was that same rally! :-)

  • Draxiar

    “If you bring people from a violent civilization into a less-violent civilization, you’re going to have more violence right?”
    I’m sure the Native Americans (north and south) would agree. Western civilization was established in the wake of genocide on the backs of slaves. Steve King can go eat a bowl of dick to say that we’re the higher minded culture. Fuck him.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      Great, great example.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Irony is lost on Steve King.

  • Brutlyhonest

    He was talking about the Irish, right?

      We need to secure our borders against Klingons and Cardassians. Since I’m not in the same country as any of the rest of y’all — far as I know, you’re not in Costa Rica — I refer to the borders of the planet.

      • D_C_Wilson

        Hey, I’m all for ridding our country of the Kardashians.

          LOL

  • essar1

    How come there’s no social network sharing buttons for these blog posts?