Worst Persons in the World

Daniel Hernandez, the man who placed his own hands on Gabrielle Giffords’ open gunshot wound after she was shot in the head, is facing a recall campaign from a group of classy individuals who want to replace him because he’s gay, doesn’t support sports, “hates our values,” and wants to take away your guns.

Here’s a flyer his opponents are handing out via RightWingWatch

HernandezFlyer

A separate flyer handed out by his opponents says (complete with spelling errors) that Hernandez only cares about one thing; taking away your guns. It also says he “doesn’t care about our kids” and “doesn’t care about our community.”

Setting aside how ridiculous and ugly this is, it seems like a bit much for ousting a member of the local school board.

As a member of the school board, Hernandez is hardly in a position to take away your guns, but I suppose that may be enough to motivate local village-folk to grab their pitchforks and dislodge Hernandez because he isn’t a “REAL man.” Because he “hates our values” which apparently consist of tossing pigskin, shooting things, and being definitely-not-gay.

Fuck your values.

He’s more of a man and human being than his opponents ever will be.

This entry was posted in Education, Guns, LGBT, Worst Persons and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Stories about local politics always remind me of Sayre’s Law: “Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low.”

    The story behind the recall is the kind of byzantine saga found only in local politics. Four of the five members of the Sunnyside Unified School District, which includes parts of Tucson and surrounding areas, are now facing recall petitions – two members who faced recall for their support of an embattled schools superintendent turned around and filed recall petitions on two members, including Hernandez, who opposed the superintendent.

    At least Daniel Hernandez’s opponents aren’t being openly racist. That’s a kind of progress, right? [/snark]

      Racist, homophobe, toe-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe.

  • Robert Burns

    Hernandez seem like the kind of man I want around me and my kids, especially in an emergency.

  • Teddy’s Person

    Ya gotta love how “sports” warrants capitalization.

    • mdblanche

      The capital letter was accidentally carried over from the original German.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “He hates our values.”

    As any reasoning, compassionate person would.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Yeah, I’m sure these jackassholes would have rather Hernandez just stood there in horror, screaming like a girl and shaking his hands from his bent wrists, like they expect all gay men would react in a situation such as Gabrielle Giffords getting shot in the head, instead of doing something that would shake their beliefs to the core, like trying to save Giffords’ life.

    The fucking pieces of shit deserve horrible cancer.

  • http://www.artisvaria.com/ Nanotyrnns

    Wait… he’s Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay AND Transgender???!
    So he’s a woman that likes women, a man (or woman) that likes men and women, a man that likes men, and actually been both a man AND a woman.

    Did I get that right? Is that what these hooples are saying?

    You’d think this was all coming from Crackerville, Appalachia or something…

  • D_C_Wilson

    Because local school boards are known for going house to house and seizing guns from residents?

    You have to love how they just assume gay men hate sports, because you know, there have never, ever been any gay athletes, right Jason Collins?