Worst Persons in the World

District Judge G. Todd Baugh sentenced a teacher who raped a 14-year-old girl to just 30 days in jail because the girl was asking for it.

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — Faced with growing backlash, a Billings, Mont., judge who sentenced a man to 30 days for raping a 14-year-old girl is standing by his decision and comments that the girl was older than her “chronological age” when it came to sexual matters. [...]

In handing down the sentence, Baugh also said Cherice Moralez was “older than her chronological age” and “as much in control of the situation” as the teacher.

Moralez killed herself in 2010 at age 16 while the case was pending.

The girl killed herself two years after the incident, and her rapist is going to jail for just 30 days thanks to District Judge G. Todd Baugh.

I was a teenager once and I know that they can sometimes be ambitious, but regardless a 14-year-old is not mature enough or legally able to consent to sex with a 50-year-old person.

Neither morally or legally, Moralez was not “as much in control” as he was.

Judge G. Todd Baugh – today’s worst person in the world.

This entry was posted in Worst Persons and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    District Judge G. Todd Baugh should be removed from the bench.

    • nathkatun7

      Yes Indeed! He is unfit to be a judge!

  • muselet

    Sound familiar?

    “Obviously, a 14-year-old can’t consent. I think that people have in mind that this was some violent, forcible, horrible rape,” Baugh said. “It was horrible enough as it is just given her age, but it wasn’t this forcible beat-up rape.”

    It wasn’t a legitimate rape, merely statutory rape. Hardly worth getting excited over.

    Even better:

    District Judge G. Todd Baugh handed down the sentence Monday after former Billings Senior High School teacher Stacey Rambold, 54, was terminated from a sexual offender treatment program that was part of a deal to have his prosecution deferred. The judge said he wasn’t convinced that the reasons for Rambold’s termination from the program were serious enough to warrant a 10-year prison term recommended by prosecutors.

    Emphasis added.

    Rambold was terminated from the treatment program. That violated his deal with the state. If the judge had a problem with the deal, he should have spoken up at the time it was made.

    I wish G. Todd Baugh many sleepless, unemployed nights.

      >>I wish G. Todd Baugh many sleepless, unemployed nights.

      Co-sign.

      But being a woman, I would go further and hope that someone cuts it off.

        Or who he’s raped.

          even better.

    • Christopher Foxx

      I wish G. Todd Baugh many sleepless, unemployed nights.

      You’re being far too generous.

  • D_C_Wilson

    If a 14-year-old can’t consent then how the hell can she be “in control of the situation”?