You Can’t Boycott Something You’ve Never Purchased

These are the variant covers for the September issue of EBONY Magazine.

EBONYMag8-7-13

As magnificent as you or I may find these to be, apparently there are those who are more enraged by this cover than the cover of the recent issue of Rolling Stone that featured the surviving Boston Bomber.

Conservatives are now threatening to boycott EBONY Magazine, which leads me to believe that they don’t know how a boycott works. Because if you were never buying a product to begin with, you can’t boycott it. And if you expect me to believe Joe Sixpack Teabagger has been buying EBONY, I’ll ask you for a receipt.

Coincidentally, nearly every post I’ve made or am going to make today concerns racism. I didn’t plan it, but this is America.

This entry was posted in Racism, The Media and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • BillAndersoot

    Ebony Magazine will rue the day they pissed off the Chik-Fil-A crowd.

  • js hooper

    Conservative boycott of Ebony Magazine…

    LMFAO

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    In my 24 years of life on this earth, I have never seen one white person in the checkout aisle at Publix pick up an Ebony magazine and put it in their basket for checkout.

    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzklnpa8IM1qcnzaso1_500.gif

    • Guest

      Have you even see a white person pick up an Ebony and then return it to the rack?

      • GOVCHRIS1988

        Nope. Just maybe gaze at the cover then pick up the Vogue or Ladies Home Journal next to it.

    • Florida Squeezed

      LMAO… I miss my girl Whitney…

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hey Tea Party whack jobs, As an entity:

    • PinkamenaPanic

      >your an idiot
      >laughingelfman.jpg

  • D_C_Wilson

    Republicans suck at protests. It comes from being on the side of the rich and powerful 100% of the time. Remember when they bought bottles of French wine and poured them in the sewer to “punish” France for refusing to support Bush’s Big Adventure?

    • nathkatun7

      Ironically, some of those may have come from American vineyards!

  • carmoejor

    This must be the joke of the day!! Rule to boycotting is to stop buying the product that you would otherwise PURCHASE!!! IDIOTS!!! lol

  • Talis Briedis

    but they do have pull in the ad companies that keep the magazine afloat. I think they are calling for the boycott of ad revenues instead. That will hit where it hurts! They don’t care how many are actually sold.