Colbert Totally Deserved to Win This

Here’s Colbert’s acceptance speech last night, after breaking The Daily Show’s 10 year winning streak:

The Report is easily the most consistently funny and dazzlingly smart show on television. Glad to see it was finally recognized.

This entry was posted in Stephen Colbert and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Colbert has had a great year. He’s been on fire with some of the best zingers lately.

  • Lady Bug

    Didn’t watch the Emmys, but so glad TCS won. To be honest, I thought this show is better than TDS, and they should have won an Emmy before this year.

    It’s about durn time! Colbert is not as easy to watch as The Daily Show and I mean that as a compliment. Colbert’s satire is so consistent and has so many layers, that it takes dedication to watch because the audience has to really think about what he’s doing and saying. With The Daily Show you can pretty much unplug your brain and Stewart does all the thinking and explaining for you. I like them both but I honestly think that Colbert’s show is on a different level than TDS.

    • http://www.dlancystreet.com reginahny

      I agree 100% It took me time to acclimate to Cobert’s sly style — especially as a non-native English speaker — but when I “got” what he was doing I found it much funnier and politically pointed than the Daily Show’s take. It’s sort of like the difference between SNL and Mark Twain, if you know what I mean.

      • drspittle

        Colbert and his staff are brilliant satirists. They address issues at many more levels than TDS. TDS is best when it’s skewering Fox and CNN. Colbert rips everyting.

        “It’s sort of like the difference between SNL and Mark Twain”

        Exactly, perfect analogy.

  • mrbrink

    We’re never going to hear the end of this, either, which is one of the reasons why Colbert always slays me. His Peabody Awards/co-anchors are going to have to make some space on the shelf. And if someone says that he only won because Jon Stewart took the summer off, I’ll call you a damn liar! Colbert Report has been the rock star to The Daily Show’s jazz club ensemble for at least the past three years. Take that, Manilow! and Bennett! and Stewaaaaart!! The kid’s got wings.

  • Zen Diesel

    The day after Obama re-election show still cracks me up.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      I paid to download that episode from iTunes. Stephen’s freakout was the best.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I’m more of a Daily Show fan than a Colbert Report fan. But I’m glad Stephen Colbert got what was due him. If anyone deserved to top Jon Stewart it was him.