Delusion

“It only takes one with passion — look at Rosa Parks, Lech Walesa, Martin Luther King. People with passion that speak up, they’ll have people follow them because they believe the same way, and smart leadership listens to that.” -Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL) on defunding Obamacare

Republicans holding the government hostage while demanding a ransom of kicking millions of people off their healthcare are just like Rosa Parks and MLK!

You know, it was just a month ago when Ted Yoho said Obamacare is reverse racist because it increases taxes on tanning beds. Get it? Because the president is black and he doesn’t need a tanning bed and… ah fuck it, Ted Yoho is goddamn idiot.

This entry was posted in Quote, Super Stupid and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • feloniousgrammar

    They don’t understand how social movements work any more than they understand any other form of power outside of truckloads of money from wealthy donors, rabble-rousing, and the bludgeon.

    • D_C_Wilson

      It’s worse than that. This Yahoo is equating a plan to deliberately hurt this country to the legacy of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King.

  • Mike_Norris

    We appreciate you effort there, Ashby. But don’t twist yourself into knots over an idiot like that.

  • kscoyote

    I think the word “idjit” is more appropriate, here…

  • Lady Willpower

    SMDH

  • Teddy’s Person

    Nothing pisses me off more than today’s conservatives trying to co-opt Civil Rights icons. People like Yoho would have been in the mobs screaming “segregation now, segregation forever” or worse as MLK and hundreds of others were beaten and jailed.

    • ranger11

      They’re more like Wallace than MLK. Where did they get their balls to make comparisons like these.

      • Teddy’s Person

        Don’t know where they get them, but they’re big and they’re brass.

      • Brooke

        From the belief that they freed the slaves and the Democrats are trying to replace them as the rightful emancipators, except they’re not. The Republicans of today were the Southern Democrats who later turned Republican and fought AGAINST ending slavery (with the help of a confederate flag). Southerners didn’t move in droves off that land and have a new group come in to occupy that area. No, they merely switched parties and deeded their homes to their offspring.

  • trgahan

    Yeap, this conservatice grandstanding it totally like the Civil Rights movement.

    I remember Rosa Parks, Lech Walesa, and Martin Luther King all standing up for the cause with their regular appearences on the Sunday News Shows, Cable TV Talk Shows and…what was the name of that DC beltway think tank Rosa Parks worked for all those years? They paid her $250,000 plus travel expenses, if I remember correctly.

  • Zen Diesel

    My head hurts, they can’t really be this stupid.

    • mdblanche

      You have more faith in their brainpower than I do.

      • Zen Diesel

        I know it’s silly for me to think these fools will ever change.

  • D_C_Wilson

    As republicans continue to stumble around, shouldn’t there be a point where we just take the rakes away from them?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9desZZG_VWk

    • mdblanche

      As long as they’re still in a position to hurt people besides themselves, no.

    • feloniousgrammar

      Sad confession— I’ve smacked myself in the head by stepping on a rake twice in a row. In my defense, I had been working hard in the sweltering heat for hours.

  • nathkatun7

    Invoking Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to attack President Obama is the new tactics that is used to mask racism.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    You’re being far too nice to Ted Yoho when you call him a goddamn idiot, Ash.

  • Treading_Water

    With the teabag Congress that got elected in 2010, to save keystrokes you just need a macro for “ah fuck it, Congressman __________ (R) is an idiot.”

  • The Panic Man

    I’ll say it again: YOHO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF DUMB DUMB