Greenwald Should Probably Scold His Own Publication, Too

Greenwald has been furiously tweeting about how various publications are noting that the same contractor, USIS, vetted both Edward Snowden and Aaron Alexis. For example:

Evil, evil Washington Post has an agenda to make Snowden seem like a cold-blooded killer. Nice little tactic! Scold, scold. I wonder when Greenwald will launch yet another of his frivolous and vindictive lawsuits.

Perhaps he should scold his own publication, which posted this article:

guardian_snowden_alexis_greenwald

The Guardian is helping to spread a massive, vast and pernicious conflation of Snowden and Alexis! Evil!!! Scold, scold, scold, etc.

This entry was posted in Glenn Greenwald and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • CL Nicholson

    Greenwald complaining about conflating facts and conjectures to create mass hysteria and misinformation is like Fox News or MSNBC analysts bemoaning GTA 5 while raking in dough on films like ‘Riddick’, ‘Two Guns’ or shows like ‘Sons of Anarchy’. Its self important hypocrisy without a hint of irony. Either he thinks we’re stupid or he’s completely oblivious and caught up in his great crusade against pernicious Western imperialism.

    According to Greenwald, Assange and their alcolytes, the US and UK governments are reading your emails, write now, before you type them and are sending black helicopters to your apartment to lock you in a gulag for creating Capt. Picard memes about the NSA. But someone pointing out that vetting processes that gave us an unqualified loser Snowden and the absolutely nutty Navy Yard sniper is outrage, even though no one is suggesting that Snowden is hearing voices in his head or is planning to shoot his former co-workers.

    • feloniousgrammar

      It appears that Greenwald is inimical to pragmatism because it’s the opposite of drama. Just look at his bitchy response. He’s a man who is perpetually “on the rag,” so to speak. He is all about emotion, yet presents himself as a thinker with a serious face that he wears as a mask. His followers are the same. Emo-Progs — they’re all about the fee-fees. Wing-nuts are the same. Life in tantrum is neither moral nor helpful. They’re all wrapped up in their silly little passion plays and can’t be bothered with the work of looking a problem in the eye and taking the risks that any approach to solving a problem requires. Chickenshit moralists.

  • mrbrink

    For quite some time, I’ve been reading Greenwald through a lens of him as the angry and bitter Pee Wee Herman being upstaged by Chong’s dick joke at the stand-up comedy club in Next Movie. It makes it all the more hilarious to me when he takes his little pissy Twitter snipes. Like all this is going on through a huge breath of helium. I can’t possibly take him seriously anymore, but since he does, I’ll continue to laugh him off the stage like Showtime at the Apollo. But just to be clear, Bob’s consistent analysis of Greenwald’s idea of journalistic integrity encourages this sort of thing.

  • Richard_thunderbay

    The writer of outrage porn is outraged.

    He really is a pathetic mess.

  • Badgerite

    The connection here and why they are mentioned in the same breath is that both vettings were colossal failures. Colossal failures for different reasons but still colossal failures. God what a jackass he is. Everybody’s world does not revolve around Glen Greenwald’s propaganda aims. except I guess in Glen Greenwald’s mind.

  • feloniousgrammar

    For all we know, the death toll from what Snowden has revealed might already be higher than the toll from the shipyard shooting. Greenwald may, at this juncture, be wearing the little halo he shares with Snowden by courtesy of government secrecy.

    • Richard_thunderbay

      I was thinking exactly the same thing with the terrorist attacks in Kenya (at least 62 dead) and Pakistan (at least 78 dead) over the weekend. Did the groups involved change their communication methods in planning and carrying out their attacks thanks to Greenwald/Snowden and thus evade detection?

        Ever since I heard that Snowden released info on SIGINT, I’ve been waiting for that kind of fall out. It’s not conflation to put Alexis and Snowden in the same category. Both were security risks missed by employment screening mechanisms and both put people in serious danger of life and limb. Just because Snowden himself didn’t pull the trigger doesn’t mean he can’t have blood on his hands. The breathless naivete to assume that they could release so much intel and no one could or would get hurt is staggering.

  • Lady Willpower

    He’s such a goddamn triflin’ child!
    It doesn’t matter if he thinks Edward Snowden is the greatest hero in American history. It doesn’t matter if Snowden was doing the Lord’s work. None of that matters to the discussion, which is that hiring Edward Snowden was a monumental failure of the vetting process.
    GG is incapable of having an adult conversation.

  • hanadora444

    But, Glen, if the media weren’t talking about the Snowden-Alexis security fails, they wouldn’t be talking about Snowden at all. He is so many news cycles ago. Even releasing sensational updates like “Snowden says the US spied on Outer Mongolia” aren’t having much of an effect any more.

  • trgahan

    Yeah, let us not talk about two more examples of privatized government services failing spectacularly…but start a bitchy twitter fit because his latest book NSA sale projections are slumping…

    • Badgerite

      If there is any justice in the world, the book will tank.