Here’s a Great Idea

Actually, no, this is a terrible idea courtesy of Representative John Kline (R-MN).

“I think the real answer to the debt limit is to get some agreement from Senate Democrats and more specifically the White House that you’ve got to do something about entitlements,” Kline said in a reference to Social Security and Medicare.

In particular, Kline is interested in ideas such as a higher retirement age.

Raise the retirement and eligibility ages for Social Security and Medicare or we’ll shut the government down and/or default on the national debt.

The Extortion Party really, really wants to hurt people. Nothing gets them hotter than kicking people who are already down.

This entry was posted in Ethics, Social Security and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Richard_thunderbay

    And note the framing. If they give in to the extortion, GOPers get to blame the Democrats for the fallout. We GOPers held the gun, but it was they who did the “something” that put grandma and gramps into the poorhouse.

    • JozefAL

      Much like Sarah Palin’s whines about the “death panels” that were going to spring up as a result of “Obamacare” while COMPLETELY ignoring the already-installed death panels the insurance companies have been using for decades.
      The modern GOP loves its own reality. I just wish some scientist could develop a portal to send all of them and their enablers to that reality and leave the rest of us live in THIS one.

        >>>The modern GOP loves its own reality. I just wish some scientist could
        develop a portal to send all of them and their enablers to that reality
        and leave the rest of us live in THIS one.

        Word.

  • Al Iriberri

    Let Kline take that position on the campaign trail. Their core constituency would love to hear “you’re all a bunch of freeloaders”.