Idiot Watch

This isn’t exactly earth-shattering news, but Representative Steve Stockman (R-TX) is a raging buffoon.

A Republican lawmaker said he’ll vote to authorize military action against Syria if President Obama returns his Nobel Peace Prize.

Freshman Tea Party Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) suggested the swap in a press statement Tuesday ahead of the president’s primetime address to sell strikes to a skeptical public. Stockman said Obama must answer 11 questions to gain his support – including whether the president is willing to return his 2009 prize.

Beyond the obvious, what makes this amazingly stupid is the fact that if you actually read or listen to the president’s Nobel acceptance speech, you will see it is not an isolationist peacenik speech.

But getting back to the obvious — saying I’ll vote for a resolution to attack another country if you give up your Nobel prize is like saying I’ll share the answers to the math quiz if you’ll pull my finger.

Steve Stockman is a walking fart joke.

This entry was posted in President Obama, Steve Stockman, Super Stupid, Syria and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zen Diesel

    I swear if you Xray Stockman’s skull you will see that it is full of caramel popcorn.

  • Draxiar

    Oh Texas…you elect such “special” people.

  • Teddy’s Person

    Has the GOP announced a weekly cash prize for saying the stupidest thing in public? Just when you think they’ve demonstrated the depths of their stupidity, another one speaks.

    There is a distinct difference between antiwar in most cases and being a pacifist. Of course, this is the “gotcha” of a lame-brained Republican; but I’ve had conversations with lefty friends who forbid their children from fighting back in the name of Ghandi. Ghandi did not encourage people from lying down in the face of any threat, passive-resistance was a political approach, not a code to live by.

  • Richard_thunderbay

    Everything these fuckers do is in service of their ideology. Will their vote help or harm the Syrians, the greater good of US and the people of the world? Such thoughts don’t enter into their lizard-like brains. Thoughts of how they can use the situation for extortion are there aplenty, however.

    They have no moral compass whatsoever.

      They sure love riding the government gravy-train while doing precious little work. Sandbagging asshats, all of them.

  • RamOrgan

    President Obama clearly deserves the peace prize. He has convinced Congressional Republicans to oppose going to war in Syria. That’s quite the accomplishment.

    • Zen Diesel

      He is truly playing chess a Kaiser Soze level with the buffoons in Congress.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Steve Stockman is a walking fart joke.

    That’s because he’s a giant bag of shit.

    • D_C_Wilson

      +1

    • JackDaniel07

      “Steve Stockman is a walking fart joke.”

      minus the joke

  • D_C_Wilson

    We’ve had raging buffoons in Congress before. Steve Stockman is the first real life troll to get elected to Congress.