Rand Paul Stands With Assad Regime

This is almost just too hilarious for words:

WASHINGTON – Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Sunday portrayed the current conflict in Syria as one between the government of President Bashar Al Assad, who Paul said “has protected Christians for a number of decades,” and “Islamic rebels,” who Paul said “have been attacking Christians” and are aligned with Al Qaeda.

“I think the Islamic rebels winning is a bad idea for the Christians, and all of a sudden we’ll have another Islamic state where Christians are persecuted,” Paul said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

[...] Paul, a first-term senator and vocal opponent of U.S. intervention overseas, including U.S. foreign aid, said the U.S. should pursue a negotiated settlement where “Assad is gone, but some of the same people [from Assad's regime] remain stable,” because, he said, “that would also be good for the Christians.”

Assad’s people can stay, for the sake of Christianity, but we have got to do something about this, this Obama Regime!

Sen. Paul gives the House vote for authorization a “50/50” shot at passing, but now that this has become an effort to protect Christianity in Syria, rather than Muslims being gassed by their own government, Rand Paul is speaking words of comforting truth to concerned war criminals everywhere to try to better the odds of doing nothing.

But leave it to Rand Paul’s kooks at The Daily Paul to ask and pretend to answer the poignant question of, “What Has Bashar al-Assad Done?

Sure, ”It is true that soldiers under his command are killing people, but that’s what happens in war,” according to TDP. And, “putting aside geopolitical strategies”– because that’s what is called dealing-with-reality in a libertarian worldview– TDP insists that just because ”women and children are being slaughtered”(with chemical weapons by their own government)we shouldn’t concern ourselves with international laws against such things and, if we did, we’d have to militarily depose our own president because, like Assad, he is evidently gassing his own people, or something.

They’re adorable.

This entry was posted in Foreign Policy, Rand Paul, Republican Party, Syria, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Paul himself is openly considering a run for president in 2016, and his emphasis Sunday on the condition of Christians in the Middle East may be part of an ongoing effort to appeal to American Evangelical Christian voters — a group that his father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), had trouble winning over when he ran for president in 2012.

    So far this year, Rand Paul has traveled to Israel, spoken to a number of evangelical groups, and invited the Christian Broadcasting Network into his home for a special half-hour program called “At Home with Rand Paul.”

    And now it all makes … well, it doesn’t make sense, in the strict sense of the word, but it does all become clear. Rand Paul may be a ninny, but he’s an ambitious ninny.

    Why, Kentucky? Why did you inflict this man on the nation?

    –alopecia

    • missliberties

      I donated money to the other guy, Jack Conway. Even tho I was warned he could be a possible *gasp* blue dawg. I so wish he had won.

      • muselet

        Better a Blue Dog than a bonehead.

        –alopecia

      • Kerry Reid

        If only the Dems had convinced Dennis Kucinich to move to KY, that Senate seat would be in safe progressive hands today!

        • nathkatun7

          Kerry Reid, you are entirely too funny! Seriously there were many purity progressives who were absolutely certain that defeating Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas would result in the election of a real progressive.

    • Tony Busch

      Sorry about that. have to say I would love to know just how this man who professed a faith in a being called aqua buddha that he made up has become a Christian mouthpiece filled with hatred and lies.

  • formerlywhatithink

    Holy shit, I read that screed and I am dumber for having done so. Here’s the one line in that article, among many, that shows the stupidity and conservative theorist bona fide of whatever libertarian nut job that wrote that:

    Protests led to violence, not unlike what happened at Kent State only on a larger scale, and we must never forget about what happened in Waco.

    No conservative theory rant is complete without a shout out to Waco. Jesus, these people are moronic.

    • Badgerite

      My personal favorite:

      He claims ‘modern dictators’ have no legitimacy, even if they are hereditary. Look out
      Prince William.

      I wasn’t aware Prince William, a constitutional monarch with no real governmental powers, was considered by Rand Paul to be a ‘modern dictator’ and somehow comparable to the Assad dynasty. That really is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and there is so much stupid in that post that that is saying something.

      • hanadora444

        Rand Paul isn’t exactly alone in this. According to Steve Schmidt, Sarah Palin apparently thought that Queen Elizabeth was running the UK and was in charge of the troops in Iraq. Even better was the former New Hampshire state legislator who believed that Queen Elizabeth runs the UK, she also secretly controls the US.

      • Churchlady320

        Britain’s monarch DOES have powers, but they are hardly dictatorial, and any implication that the Queen is some kind of global fiend smacks of Lyndon LaRouche. If THAT is where it is headed, we will be in the hands of seriously demented fascists that make the Pauls look ALMOST sane.

    • Churchlady320

      They are NOT moronic, they are to the bone dangerous. This, IMHO, is a call for more Tim McVeighs. Paul is that dangerous he’d think Tim a patriot.

    • Glenna Jones-Kachtik

      Yes, isn’t it funny how they can equate a group of students getting shot at Kent State who were protesting war with WACO, a religious nut who had impregnated half of his female followers & who chose to defy the government & blow up his own compound????? Do they know how to make a REAL analogy?????

    I love a crusade, the clashing beliefs
    I love the mercenary quest of jihad.

    I love a crusade, discriminate kills
    that splat-a-splat-splat splat, the dissonant clash,
    spat-a-splat-splat, of inflexible foes.

    The yearning to kill will give me a thrill;
    I thrill at the will of everything fruitless.

    I love a crusade, the greed of belief
    the venal pursuit of “ethnic cleansing”.

    for I love a crusade.

  • Richard_thunderbay

    Funny how no one used this “there are Christians there!” argument against invading Iraq.

    The sad thing is, the Christian community (there were 1.5 million of them in 2003) was devastated by Bush’s folly.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Iraq#Post-war_situation

    After the 2003 invasion of Iraq, violence against Christians rose, with reports of abduction, torture, bombings, and killings.[5]
    Some Christians were pressured to convert to Islam under threat of
    death or expulsion, and women were ordered to wear Islamic dress.[5]

    In August 2004, International Christian Concern protested an attack by Islamists on Iraqi Christian churches that killed 11 people.[6] In 2006, an Orthodox Christian priest, Boulos Iskander, was beheaded and mutilated despite payment of a ransom, and in 2008, the Assyrian clergyman Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho of the Chaldean Catholic church in Mosul died after being abducted.[5] In January 2008, bombs exploded outside nine churches.[5]

    In 2010, reports emerged in Mosul of people being stopped in the
    streets, asked for their identity cards, and shot if they had a first or
    last name indicating Assyrian or Christian origin.[4]
    On 31 October 2010, 58 people, including 41 hostages and priests, were
    killed after an attack on an Assyrian Catholic church in Baghdad.[7] See October 2010 Baghdad church attack. A group affiliated to Al-Qaeda, Islamic State of Iraq, stated that Iraq’s indigenous Christians were a “legitimate target.”[8] In November, a series of bombings and mortar attacks targeted Assyrian Christian-majority areas of Baghdad.[8]

    Half the Christian population has fled, with an estimated 330,000 to Syria and smaller numbers to Jordan.[5] Some fled to Iraqi Kurdistan in northern Iraq, the ancient homeland of the Assyrians, where they still make up the majority in some regions.[5][9][10] Christians who are too poor or unwilling to leave their ancient homeland have fled mainly to Arbil, particularly its Assyrian Christian suburb of Ainkawa.[4] 10,000 mainly Assyrian Iraqi Christians live in the U.K. led by Archbishop Athanasios Dawood who has called on the government to accept more refugees.[11]

    • Badgerite

      The law of unintended consequences. The Arab world has so many problems that have much to do with religious intolerance and tribalism that the US is almost damned if you do, damned if you don’t when it does take action there. I don’t know that that argues for never taking action, but unintended consequences seem to be the rule there. But still, sarin gas? Is that really the prerogative of a leader facing a civil insurrection?

      • cattnipp

        There is no proof that it was the government attacking the people with the gas, it could have just as easily been alQaeda or another mercenary group hoping to encourage Western intervention

        • Badgerite

          As far as I know, the groups you mentioned do not have access to that kind of weaponry and according to Secretary Kerry the rockets launched came from what are known to be government controlled areas. He seems pretty certain that it was Assad forces who dispersed the sarin gas.

          • cattnipp

            check this out…….. emails hacked that tell a much different story…. that the children are just fine and it was all done for the cameras???

            http://www.classwarfareexists.com/hacked-documents-appear-to-link-u-s-intelligence-agencies-to-chemical-attack-in-syria/

          • missliberties

            The most recent episode and use of sarin gas was not a fake. But the previous ones did not have strong and conclusive evidence.

          • cattnipp

            The photo evidence presented by the USA is faked…. see link I have posted…. http://www.classwarfareexists.com/hacked-documents-appear-to-link-u-s-intelligence-agencies-to-chemical-attack-in-syria/ However there was a discharge of a chemical weapon…… the rebels have admitted to accidentally discharging a chemical weapon supplied to them by the Saudis…. the rebels claim they did not know it was a chemical weapon and had been given no training in the safe handling of said weapons.

          • missliberties

            He said/ She said.

            I don’t buy your story but you talk a good game. It shouldn’t matter to you who released gas, if you are not interested in doing anything about it.

          • cattnipp

            remember your hurry to war when some other country starts bombing the USA because the people are being poisoned by GMO foods (that most countries have outlawed), the chem-trails from airplanes, and the fracking that causes out tap-water to be flammable….. not to mention the people being oppressed by having the HIGHEST percentage of people jailed in all the world, banks tearing down houses right and left while we have millions of homeless, and cities making it against the law to offer food to the hungry…………………….. if we can go in and bomb other countries because we do not like how the people are being treated….. what is to stop other countries from bombing the US for the same reason???

          • missliberties

            To equate the specific issue of the release of Sarin gas, from which you can’t run or hide that kills indiscrimantly, too all your other frustrations which you are lumping together is not relevant to how the US responds to the gas attack.

            I do understand that there is a lot in this world to be frustrated about, so you have to pick your battles and do what you can to make what you see as a bad world a little bit better.

          • cattnipp

            I bet you have no problem with Israel using white phosphorus bombs on the people in the Gaza strip…. (or the USA using them on the people of Iraq) or the IDF torturing raping and murdering Palestinian children or tearing down Palestinian homes that have been standing over 100 years because the owner did not ask Israel for a permit before building………… and I am SURE you have no problem with our tax dollars funding this genocide

          • missliberties

            There is a baby drowning somewhere in the world. Better go save it.

            In the meantime I will focus on being grateful for my freedom, my beautiful country, my home and my family, and the fact that I am not starving or being gassed by a brutal dictator.

          • cattnipp

            YET …… because you have not been declared as the entire problem in America by our RWNJs. Extremists are extremists, they claim that our hungry children have destroyed our country because they have the nerve to want food……..and there would be no ‘beautiful country’ for you to enjoy if those who are chomping at the bit to place another tar sands pipeline through every neighborhood were to have their way…. The reason Canada wants to place it in the USA is because the one built in Alberta has had an average of 2 spills EVERY DAY and the people will not allow them to build another in Canada………. but they are all assuring us the pipeline will never have a spill here.

            What is wrong with you? do you have a ball of ice for a heart?
            Do you not understand that God can see into your heart ? Do you not know that you will be asked why you did not care for any part of God’s creation outside your own family at the end of days?

          • cattnipp

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msA35ATXol8

            educate yourself instead of thinking what you are TOLD to think

          • Badgerite

            Oddly enough, we still have a lot of people wanting to come here an be Americans. So much so that we need to restrict immigration rather than build walls to keep people in as some countries have been known to do. With all of those things you listed, I wonder why that is?

          • Rita D. Lipshutz

            et volia! people who believe in chemtrails do not get to be taken seriously by those of us who don’t wear tin foil hats. i read recently that the strongest predictor for belief in a particular conspiracy theory is belief in any other conspiracy theory or theories and boy, has that been my experience with those folks! most of the time when people talk about a “slippery slope” their fears are unfounded but in the case of conspiracy lovers it really seems true. whether they come from the left or the right and even if their paranoia was specific to one thing to begin with, after reading and otherwise interacting with the tin foil hat crowd for any amount of time they will buy ANYTHING. you guys need to be careful with that stuff, pretty soon you’ll find “you can’t eat just one.”
            now, cattnip, shouldn’t you be out spraying the air with vinegar or something? adults are trying to talk here.

          • cattnipp

            …….. as long as they are not invading your kitchen there is no such thing as hungry children…… and the corporate owners of our government only want to do what is best for us………. and they deserve to make 2,000 time as much as an actual laborer because the owners allow the laborer to cause the corporation richer out of the kindness of their hearts………and a persons employer should make all their healthcare decisions for them because they only want to help them understand God ………………….. may God have mercy on you

          • Rita D. Lipshutz

            wth are you even talking about now? and how did you make the jump from what i said to what you now somehow know that i believe? and bringing god into this? at least the longer conspiracy freaks talk, the more they prove for the rest of us that there is serious psychological imbalance there. btw, i know the person (or persons, hard to tell with all the fake names and profiles he or they use) who run that stupid “class warfare” site and fb page and boy, have you been played. they guy(s) is/are not only not a real leftist using the gullibility of the far lefties with great success, not only a libertarian with a long history or trying to pull libs/lefty/dems from POTUS to ron and now rand paul, but the one i had the displeasure of dealing with extensively was fairly easy to trace right back to the Tea Party. and i have photographic and other evidence of his real affiliations as does one friend of mine who also caught him trying to pull us over to the dark side. he succeeded with some (clearly) but my friend and i were not that stupid and BOY was he unpleasant when we let him know that we knew what he was doing. absolutely pathetic how many emos are foolish and/or frightened enough to fall for this shit.

          • Badgerite

            And the US would do that because why? You think this administration, John Kerry and Barack Obama are just looking for an opportunity to get involved in another dysfunctional middle eastern country in the midst of a meltdown? The US would have been in it via supplying arms to the rebels a lot sooner than this, if that were the case.

          • cattnipp

            they have been supplying the weapons to Saudi Arabia, who then gives them to the rebels and terrorists………. do you not think the corporate owners of the US government want to have an excuse to start another war in the Middle East so the Military Industrial complex can again take food away from our own children in order to have more money to make more weapons and occupy these countries so they may steal their oil and other resources???

          • Badgerite

            No, I do not think that.

          • Rita D. Lipshutz

            bs. and that stupid site you get your “information” from is one of the worst conspiracy loving faux left but really libertarian sites on the web. dig a little deeper and they’ll tell you the illuminati did it.

          • Badgerite

            It is very hard to ‘fake’ a corpse.

          • cattnipp

            it is easier to fake a corpse than to fake taking an interest in what others say rather than just dismissing their every thought as beneath your consideration………. which you have FAILED to do.

          • Badgerite

            What I saw on TV were not fake corpses. Other than that, no comment.

          • cattnipp

            what you saw on TV was NOT Syria, and not what the United Nations found when they investigated

          • Badgerite

            No, I’m pretty sure it was Syria. And I believe the UN found the same thing. The only people claiming that the rebels are responsible are the Russians.

        • Glenna Jones-Kachtik

          If you are talking about Syria, the rebels ADMIT that they are the ones who gassed the people…they CLAIM it was an accident because they didn’t know how to used the stuff & that they weren’t careful…
          So, Kerry IS wrong. It wouldn’t really matter. WE HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN SYRIA. When Colin Powell says it is “unwinable” & compares it to VietNam, maybe, just maybe WE SHOULD LISTEN.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            You might want to find somebody else with some credibility other than Colin Powell, who spoke in front of the UN with a vial of fake anthrax trying to make his case for an attack on Iraq made up of outright lies by the Cheney Bush administration.

          • cattnipp

            Thank you, Glenna, I was starting to think I was the only one here against entering another war just for the sake of being the biggest bullies on the playground. You are correct, WE HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN SYRIA !!!

    • missliberties

      Iraq, the beginning of the end. Worst mistake in forever. And it’s obvious that people have not forgotten.

        … in the U.S. Iraqis and Iraq will never be the same and won’t forget it. The Americans who cheered that war should have their noses artfully rubbed in it, until they feel something akin to sorrow and regret.

      • cattnipp

        The beginning of the end was our invasion of Afghanistan….. or possibly the implosion of the twin towers and the killing of 3,000 people on US soil

    • nathkatun7

      “Funny how no one used this “there are Christians there!” argument against invading Iraq.”

      Indeed! And the Foreign Minister of Iraq was a Christian.

    • cattnipp

      In reality…. those in Islamic countries that attack Christian churches are held in the same esteem as the psychopaths here in the United States who openly attack Sikh places of worship armed with guns because they think they are Muslims….. with all the problems and murderous military attacks in Egypt at the moment there are a plethora of photos coming out of Christians holding hands standing in a circle of protection around Muslims as they pray and of Muslims forming a protective circle around Christian churches while the Christians are at services……… THIS is how those who honestly PRACTICE Islam OR the Christian faith behave, they respect and stand in protection of one another’s faith and humanity

      • Badgerite

        In point of fact, there was one psychopath and he was killed by the police during his assault on the Sikh Temple. One assault. One psychopath. Killed by police at the scene of the crime. And it was and is a crime in this country to do such a thing as it should be a crime everywhere.

        • cattnipp

          My POINT if you will read what I wrote is that extremists who want to kill innocents in the USA are met with the same over in the Muslim countries……….. There is NO PROMISE of 70 virgins for terrorists in the Qur’an. The only thing promised to terrorists in the Qur’an are the fires of hell instead of believing what you are TOLD to believe get a copy of the english translation of the Qur’an and read it…….. I have, I wanted to know what kind of evil these people believed—— I was quite surprised. The Qur’an is actually quite beautiful and has a chapter called Mary that is about the virgin birth.

          • Badgerite

            One day, when I have the time, I may do that and read the Bible as well, but the kind of God I believe in does not have a spokesperson. I consider the Bible and the Qur’an the work of man, not God. That does not mean that it cannot express beautiful sentiments. But I still think the main problem with the Middle East has more to do with themselves then with the West. Primarily with their lack of a unifying principle that does not require them to kill someone for being from a different religion or tribe.

          • cattnipp

            as if this were not a world wide problem…… as if this lack of a unifying principal that does not require them to declare themselves as ‘better than’ and vilify someone for being a different color or religion or political party is not the primary issue with the life and politics of the United States………. [sarcasm]you are right Badgerite, it would be better if those in the Middle East were civilized like Western countries are…. [/sarcasm]

          • Badgerite

            I don’t believe I said anything to ‘vilify’ anyone. Europe used to be riven with the same kinds of conflict, you know. WWII and the Marshall Plan seemed to cure them of that inclination at least with respect to their near neighbors. I am advocating the same kind of advance for the Middle East. The religious fundamentalist are looking for utopia, as opposed to good governance. I am suggesting they settle for good governance, no matter who provides it.

  • villemar

    Some of the hardcore Neocons outright support the Assad regime. Nutter Daniel Pipes does in an enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend kind of way. Or something.

  • missliberties

    The Daily Paul
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Peace Gold Love & Coptic Christians

    These people have a love affair with coptic christians, the pure & original christians of olden days @Egypt. ( See Michelle Bachman, Louis Gohmert, Steve King )

    • Badgerite

      They are just people, OK. They cannot help that Michelle Bachman is an ______. (fill in the blank)

      • Zen Diesel

        “MoonBat Shit Crazy” comes to mind.

        • Badgerite

          Very good choice. I might have gone with ‘Moonbat Shit Crazy Eyes’.

      • missliberties

        Ok!

        Btw, have you noticed that some people who call themselves neo-nazis devote themselves to that good old world Christianity. Because long ago in Egypt the original Christians, the blessed ones, believed in white supremacy. It’s in the bible OK.

        • Badgerite

          No, I don’t go that far into the rabbit hole if I can help it. I don’t find it a pleasant place to be. What was believed ‘long ago in Egypt’ might have something to do with the right wing evangelical types you mention but I doubt it has anything to do with the modern day Coptic Christian communities in Arab countries. But I could be wrong. I can’t say I have looked into it at all.

          • missliberties

            The righties were very upset after Murbarack was ousted because the coptic christians were left unprotected and were being brutalized, by Islmaists. Remember the propaghanda film demonizing Muhammed, and distributed just days before Benghazi, to rile the forces. !!! Huh do ya? I am sure it has nothing to do with resentment of the Christian verses inscribed on the marines machines guns when they were fighting in Iraq and killing aaraabs.

          • Badgerite

            You don’t have to be right wing to be upset that people ‘were being brutalized’ because of their religious affiliation or beliefs. It is why I think the American system of separation of Church and State is the best idea since sliced bread. I can’t imagine being TOLD what my beliefs will be, or else. Think of how much more united, prosperous, peaceful, etc. the Arab world could be if they could bring themselves to allow religion to be between the individual and God and to keep the State and violent coercion out of it.

            Sadly enough, Saddam Hussein made that happen. I don’t want to think in such a damning way as to suspect that that is the only way to have a secular government in the Arab world of the Mid-East. But the unholy violence being carried out in civil wars with various religiously identified sects and those who want extremist religious rule, it’s hard to be hopeful about any future Arab Springs.

          • Badgerite

            Whether they are aware of it or not, it is the worst problem they face.

          • nathkatun7

            With all due respect, I think you are confusing the symptom with the cause. Fundamentalist islam has risen in response to the tyrannical secular states that paid lip service to religion. The Shah of Iran, Iraq’s Saddam Hussein, Egypt’s Hosini Mubarack, Libya’s Gadaffi, and the Assad clan in Syria, are all secular leaders who were not at all invested in, or guided by, religion in oppressing their people.

          • Badgerite

            I believe I also said tribe. Of those you mentioned, Assad is the only one still in power. So why is the region riven with violent conflicts between differing religious sects of the same religion ( Iraq) or conflicts like those in Egypt were the Muslim Brotherhood focused on establishing a theocracy rather than a democracy or Iran ( specifically the repression following the election several years ago). And how is that the cause. The fact that secular leaders of old only paid lip service to religion? The Muslim Brotherhood was started by Sayyid Qutb in the 1950′s. Initially, he supported the Nasser Revolution but found that the government of Nasser was indeed more secular minded than he wanted. . Sayyid Qutb was hung for being involved in an attempted coup. I believe you have the cart before the horse. The tyrannical was in response to a religious ideology that sought to make the state a pure theocracy. Therefore, their aim was to overthrow those governments and replace them. Anwar Saddat was killed by the Muslim Brotherhood. That is when Mubarack took over and the repression of the Muslim Brotherhood started in earnest. There is a difference between wanting to practice your religion in peace and wanting to use the government to enforce your religion on everyone else, regardless of how they really believe. This basic problem is not a ‘response’ to anything. It has always been there and it stands in the way of any real peace in the region, unless it is their peace ( that is Islamic fundamentalist peace where everyone must believe as they do and the law will enforce that). That is not a ‘response’ to anything. That is a part of their basic belief system.

          • nathkatun7

            “It is why I think the American system of separation of Church and State is the best idea since sliced bread.”

            Sadly, this “American system” is severely under attack from the religious right who claim that the U.S. was founded as a Judeo-Christian nation. Surely, you’ve been following the attacks on mosques, and all the laws preemptively banning the non-existent sharia laws, etc., etc. Then there is of course the religious intrusion in the women’s reproductive rights.

            While I agree with you that Arab world would be better off by adopting the practice of separation of religion and state, I wouldn’t be smug about it given the current intrusion of religion in people’s private lives in America.

          • Badgerite

            I’m advocating something for universal application. I don’t think that is ‘smug’. I think that region has so much to offer, culturally and philosophically, and it is a tragedy that it is so blind to the what could be. And I believe what blinds them is the intolerance, mostly religious.

          • Churchlady320

            Since I do care about some of this, it should well be noted that in the Egyptian uprising at first, Copts surrounded and PROTECTED Muslims while they prayed in Tarir Square. The favor was returned in protecting them after the New Year’s massacre. This is not a simple Muslim/Copt issue – it’s far more complicated than that. Assad’s ‘protection’ of Copts is very likely based on wealth and power and the protection extended to ONLY those Copts who defer to and support him. That would not be universal.

          • Zen Diesel

            I always find it amazing how some of the righteous only cherry pick from the bible the passages that help their false narratives. When I present the argument that if Bible is going to be the rule of the land, let’s go Full Monty, and abide by all of its laws and passages instead of the handful they like to throw in your face.

          • Churchlady320

            While I get your point and think it a good one – no cherry picking the laws – the extremists themselves would agree – Rushdoony advocated following ALL the laws such as stoning disrespectful kids. Now mind you – he did not wish to follow the directives toward economic justice at ALL, and he found it very convenient to ignore the directive to stone adulterers (males included) when it applied to his buddies such as Newt. But he led the pack in stating we should indeed follow laws of a tribal society in a very contemporary age – unless he, Rushdoony, said otherwise. Little God complex there…so at least the principle is on the Dominionist table even if the actions hardly ever live up to it.

          • Zen Diesel

            I totally see where you are coming from. This moonbat shit nonsense known as today’s Republican Party has been thirty years in the making. I try to educate my friends that this Dominionist attitude started a long time ago when the likes of Rushdoony, Francis Schaeffer, Jerry Falwell and other wingnuts started to seep into the Republican party. They hated public education, and were successful in pushing their pro life agenda into the Republican Party. Saint Ronnie Raygun co-opted these fools to help get him elected; however, he was smart enough not to ever let them get close enough to actually govern. Unfortunately, todays’ Republicans are driven by their fake love of Jesus, Ayn Rand and anything that the John Birch loving Koch brothers tell them to do.

          • Victor_the_Crab

            Saint Ronnie Raygun co-opted these fools to help get him elected; however, he was smart enough not to ever let them get close enough to actually govern.

            The fact that Saint Ronnie Raygun allowed these religious hypocrites inside the political establishment makes him a major culprit in tearing down the wall between church and state. And I’ve never heard any of these religious leaders, like the late Jerry Falwell, ever say anything bad about Saint Ronnie and his presidency.

          • Zen Diesel

            The religious leaders have created this utopian fantasy bubble about Saint Ronnie, he never raised taxes or the debt ceiling, Iran Contra wasn’t his doing, never used dog whistles like cadillac welfare queen, prevented all terrorist attacks, and Merica was all sunshine and puppy dogs when he rode off into the sunset.

          • Badgerite

            Yes, but Rushdoony is just s loudmouth radio guy. Much as he likes to think otherwise, he is not the boss of me. (me being ‘we’ the people)

        • Churchlady320

          Where? It’s sort of hard when they were not white…

    That idiot makes me sick. Send him to Assad to do with as he will!

    Can we put Rand Paul in a metal tube and launch him at the Syrian Regime? Lord knows his head is full of lead and he does damage wherever he goes. It would be a true win-win.

    • muselet

      It’s an enticing thought, but I think weapons of mass stupidity are banned under the Geneva Conventions.

      –alopecia

      • missliberties

        if only

    • missliberties

      He can join beautiful blue eyed David Duke, defeated white supremist presidential candidate, a wholesome Christian in Syria, protected by Assad. He sez it’s all a zionist plot.

      http://davidduke.com

      • Badgerite

        I believe he had plastic surgery, at one point. I guess the ‘blue eyes’ didn’t do it.

  • Zen Diesel

    Rand Paul buffoonery makes baby jeebus cry

    • Badgerite

      Weep is more like it.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    If somehow Rand Paul does end up with the 2016 Republican Presidential nomination, then I’m so gonna have me a big ol’ bowl of popcorn by my side so I can watch Hillary Clinton, in the debates, use his words about Syria to violently bash him unmercifully until he’s nothing left but a gooey mess of flesh and bones and a dead animal perched on top.

      The women’s issues that need so much national attention would make a great bludgeon. I want to live to see a woman POTUS. The black POTUS happened sooner than I would have ever guessed possible. Now I’m ready for Hillary.

      • Churchlady320

        She has Dominionist friends in C Street. Are you quite sure that’s the woman you want for president? Read Jeff Sharlet’s “The Family” to see what ties she has to the most religiously extremist people in America. Very worrisome.

        • missliberties

          Let’s not make the perfect the enemy of the good. Besides understanding the intentions of those who some consider enemies and fools is a wise philosophy. Knowledgeable people can understand intentions and make persuasive arguments appealing to common sense.

  • CL Nicholson

    Even this level of incoherent douche-baggery won’t deter dude-bro libertarians, wannabe anarchists (who couldn’t survive a week without Hulu, Starbucks, running water or ESPN, let alone a true stateless society) and pseudo-left wing bomb throwers will still tell us all to ‘stand with Rand’.

    This is the same BS argument a lot of faux Black nationalism types used to defend the Libyan regime. Because Qaddafhi wore Kenti cloth occasionally, quote Lamuba on ocassion and lent money to Farrakhan – we should ignore the fact that he’s been a violent dictator for several decades.

    Look, I’m generally against any foreign intervention and I happen to be a Christian. But, Rand Paul’s loony logic of “don’t shoot this thug because he may or may not stand with our preferred version of the Jewish Sky God” is just plain stupid, not to mention blatantly anti-Muslim.

  • Churchlady320

    The fairly recent fusion of Libertarians with Dominionists may have spawned the most pernicious versions of both. Paul is not deferring to Dominionists – he IS one as is his father. That Ayn Rand would have spit on that alliance is irrelevant. It is a powerful mix of hyper individualism for material gain with hyper individualism for personal salvation.
    These people are so anti-democratic and so in favor of dictators that there are almost not words to explain the dangers lurking within this alliance. Paul’s defense of Assad is ludicrous – Assad does no more to ‘protect’ Christians than does a lion ‘protect’ its prey. But Assad does protect special interests that the Family (those C Street folks) deem valuable to their power as he thwarts those trying to create democracy that is anathema to Libertarianism.
    Paul’s defense of Assad is the smoking gun evidence that there is some kind of pact between Assad and Dominionists/Libertarians as there has been between almost every dictator – even Muslims – and C Street for decades. This is a ‘shadow government’ of the worst kind that has operated in near secrecy since the 1930s and MUST not be allowed to gain any power whatsoever. They are a more dangerous force than we have probably ever seen before – and their open salivating for the presidency must be stopped.

    • Robert Bridson

      The Pauls are not libertarians. They are paleo-conservatives like Pat Buchanon.

      They’ve just found that the label “libertarian” works better in politics these days.

  • paul piotter

    rand paul for mental institution

  • Glenna Jones-Kachtik

    But, most of the people in that region ARE MUSLIM. They do not care about Christianity. This IS NOT NOW about Christians or Muslims doing bad things to each other – they have been doing bad things to each other for AGES & EONS. He shows a lack of understanding that is just mind blowing. We don’t NEED to make Syria safe for Christians – we need to make Syria safe for it’s people, period. Paul may want to have the end times come & have all possible policies with that end – but most of the world would like to just keep on living, thank you….

    • Badgerite

      This is true.