Ransom Demands Not Enough for Some House Crazies

According to The Hill, John Boehner doesn’t actually have enough Republican votes to pass their 2012 platform in exchange for raising the debt ceiling.

But hours after the meeting, the party had yet to formally release the legislation, and conservatives complained that it lacked specific spending cuts and failed to tackle entitlement reform.

“We still have some challenges,” said Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), an ally of Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and member of the GOP whip team. “We’ve got an awful lot of support, but clearly at this point we don’t have a final product that’s attracting the number that we need. Hopefully that’ll change, and I think it could.”

Picard and Riker Facepalm

To recap — the proposal House Republicans have made for raising the debt ceiling is laughably absurd, but it’s still not good enough for the Flying Monkey Caucus.

This entry was posted in Congress, Epic Fail and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Oh. Good. Lord.

    Rep. Mike Simpson (R-Idaho) made clear that Republicans were not operating under any illusions that this initial offer would remain intact, however. He described it more as a wish list.

    “We’re obviously going to throw out what we want. Obviously that’s not going to be acceptable to the other party, most likely,” he said. “It puts our marker down.”

    But Simpson said the one-year delay of ObamaCare is a mandatory component for Republicans.

    “When Obama says he’s not going to negotiate on the debt ceiling, that’s just baloney,” said Simpson. “Ultimately, he will.”

    These people are children.

      Nah, you’re still giving them too much credit.

      • muselet

        Whiny, spoiled brats?

      The problem is, whenever they put that marker down, they never seem to understand that negotiations involve eventually moving your marker a little closer to your opponent’s. This is why Obama now realizes that negotiating with them is a waste they time. He’s obviously sick of hearing, “You give us everything and we’ll give you nothing” over and over again.

      • muselet

        They do have an interesting definition of “negotiate,” don’t they?

        –alopecia

  • waspuppet

    Actually, it’s good that they’re insisting on specifics. Whenever they spell out whose actual lives they want to destroy, a Dem landslide soon follows.

    I know they think it’s the other way around – “No no; we need to spell out our cuts exactly, so we can show that our proposed Dickensian hellscape isn’t gonna kill anyone who actually matters,” but – you know, they’re conservatives. They’re wrong.

    • mrbrink

      Yes!

  • LTanya Spearman

    Once again, we see the *Hillbillies* slapped the limpy Boner with his own bill, that they asked for… That would do just as much harm (or more) as the shutdown and the Hillbillies are still not happy.
    Now who look more the fool, the hillbillies or the azz who’s keep trying to please them? I ask you..