Sign of the Times

Nice water you have there. It would be a shame if something happened to it.

Someone stole 20,000 gallons of water from an elementary school in Bridgeville, CA over Labor Day weekend — the second water theft in the rural area over the last several weeks. According to the Humboldt County sheriff’s office, the culprit used a school garden hose to drain the water tank and carried it off in a truck. The school had to close for a day as the tank was refilled.

I don’t advocate stealing water but, if you’re going to do so, don’t steal it from elementary school kids. Assholes.

This entry was posted in Environment, Worst Persons and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Schneibster

    Marijuana growers?

    • muselet

      I’m guessing yes. Humboldt County is thick with them, and it’s easier to steal stored water than divert water from a river.

      Still, I’d have thought even pot growers wouldn’t stoop to stealing water from an elementary school.

      –alopecia

      • Schneibster

        Having known some folks who grew up to be growers, I think they see your “elementary school” as a state indoctrination facility. I don’t endorse this view; I’m just telling you what I heard them say. I think they’re paranoid from too much of their own product.