Speaking of Crackpots Interfering in the Gun Control Debate

bcs_alex_jones

As you might have heard, Alex Jones thinks the Navy Yard shooting yesterday was a false flag because nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense:

Before we knew the names of the victims, the motive behind the attack, or even how many shooters there were, some conspiracy theorists thought they figured out what had happened at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday morning.

Alex Jones, the antigovernment broadcaster who reaches millions every day through his syndicated radio show and Infowars Web empire, speculated the shooting may be a “false flag” operation intended to distract Americans from Syria, as well as the anniversary of the Benghazi attack and the simmering IRS scandal.

“You’ve got all the other scandals, so this is a great way to change the subject,” Jones said on his radio show Monday morning, which is broadcast on more than 80 stations across the country. “It’s a way to divert everyone.”

For Jones, the shooting may be the latest in a long line of “false flag” operations, in which the government allegedly stages phony terror attacks to gin up popular support for disarming Americans or taking away their civil liberties. He confidently labeled the Boston Marathon bombing a hoax within hours of the explosion, but was more circumspect Monday.

“It may be real crazies, but look at the timing. Obama rolling out a national campaign against guns yesterday, and then this happens,” he said.

For conspiracy theorists, the “why” for such tragedies is always the same. “We’ve all got to give up our rights because it’s so scary. It’s all about mind control,” Jones explained.

You know, if everything that happens is a false flag, then nothing is a false flag.

This entry was posted in Alex Jones, Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    I wish someone would “false flag” this Alex Jones asshole.

  • Teddy’s Person

    Good golly, we pay a high price for free speech, Don’t get me wrong, I’ll fight to protect Jones’ right to say this stuff. I just wish he wouldn’t.

    • nathkatun7

      Sorry, but I don’t see this as acceptable free speech. What Alex Jones is doing, as far as I am concerned, is akin to yelling FIRE in a crowded theater.

    “if everything that happens is a false flag, then nothing is a false flag”

    You didn’t extend it far enough….the conclusion should be that “nothing is real and if nothing is real, then what’s the big deal?”…but that would be a little too much reasoning for the likes of Jones and his followers.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Nothing is real. And nothing to get hung about.

      Strawberry Fields Forever.

  • Lex

    so alex jones said stupid shit on his radio show, what a surprise

    • formerlywhatithink

      The surprise, as disheartening as it may be, is that there are people who believe him. And sometimes act on it.

  • RamOrgan

    My Mom was right. Your eyes CAN get stuck that way.

  • Semanticleo

    Is this the Bob Cheez show? I likes me some cheez.

  • BlueTrooth

    Alex Jones is an ideologue’s favorite. His conspiracy theory is treated like The Bible, they only pick out the parts they like.

  • The Panic Man

    Ghoul says siomething ghoulish; ghoul’s followers refuse to think critically about it. Another day, another shooting, another person desperate to ride it all the way to the bank.

  • mdblanche

    Alex Jones is a one trick pony. False flag this, false flag that. Unless he starts punching his act up with more variety he’ll fade out of the limelight faster than that guy who had that blackboard.

    “It may be real crazies, but look at the timing. Obama rolling out a
    national campaign against guns yesterday, and then this happens,” he
    said.

    No one could have predicted that proposed gun control laws would act as a trigger pushing some gun-crazed nutbar over the edge. LOOK AT THE TIMING!!!1!!ONE!!

    Alex Jones :: certifiable : water :: wet

  • trgahan

    Jones said it was a false flag because $, $, $, and $.

    It is a brilliant con really. He can be less correct than a weather man, even getting into high end “foriegn policy expert” media type levels of wrong, and that cash register still keeps ringing. Bravo Mr. Jones!

    I mean, you’d think by now SOMEONE would have their tin hat slip a bit and ask “So, given all these false flags uncovered by a two second internet search haven’t led to us being shipped to UN concetration camps, why is the current evil version of government still doing them?”

      Pish.

      Might as well say, “So, given that people have believed they were living in the End Times and that the Second Coming was imminent since about 3 weeks after Jesus was crucified and it hasn’t happened yet, why do people still insist that today is the time prophesied and that Armageddon is just around the corner?”

      Because that’s why they are so easily gulled into believing AJ’s risible rants.

  • Zen Diesel

    Chemtrails, Roswell, Raytheon, Black Helicopters,…….lol whud an eediot!!

  • Lady Willpower

    Sigh. It’s just the same bullshit every day with him.
    Conspiracy theorist nonsense. It always fits the same profile. Every one of these losers is the same kind of person: reasonably intelligent but not as intelligent as they believe, disaffected, directionless, searching for answers in a world that doesn’t care about them. Their lives have no meaning, so they try to create meaning. Unfortunately this results in a lot of made-up malarkey.