What Were They Thinking?

Generation Opportunity, which is reportedly tied to the Koch Brothers, is trying to convince women that they shouldn’t sign up for health insurance under Obamacare because Uncle Sam is a creepy rapist Gyno. Or something.

To be sure, it’s a disgusting ad, but what I really want to know is how this ad campaign can be squared with the general conservative position of defunding family planning services, limiting access to birth control and reproductive health clinics, and banning abortion.

Who’s really placing themselves between a woman’s legs? Are we suppose to believe that conservatives are really that concerned about the bodily autonomy of women?

And that’s without mentioning the GOP’s curious penchant for stumbling on what is and is not considered rape.

(h/t ThinkProgress)

This entry was posted in Koch Brothers, War On Women and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • formerlywhatithink

    Conservatives version of women’s health:

    Option A is for forced, invasive, unnecessary exams.
    Option B is for forced births.
    Option C is for doctors being forced to give fake, debunked information to women.
    Option D is for slut shaming.

    Please pick one or more of your options. Rand Paul is standing by to explain why it is necessary.

    • Nefercat

      Yup, that appears to cover all the republican-approved options very well.

      ” Rand Paul is standing by to explain why it is necessary.”

      ” Rand Paul is standing by to mansplain (in as condescending a tone as possible) why it is necessary since women generally need a man to explain things that are too complex** for their simple woman brains.”

      **Such as their anatomy and how it works.

  • Ipecac

    The absolute hypocrisy of the legitimate-rape, transvaginal ultrasound party suggesting that Obamacare equals forced sexual examination is beyond breathtaking. Sorry to Godwin this, but it’s about as audacious as the Nazis taxing the Jews to pay for Kristallnacht (which they did).

    • MattyMac

      I would upvote this comment a trillion times if I could. Beautifully said.

    • Nefercat

      So perfect.

  • tomshefchik

    What do you expect from a bunch of spoiled children?

  • Nefercat

    Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I just watched the ad (instead of just a picture from the ad).

    Young, white, blond, woman, followed by an African-American nurse, followed by a doctor with a slightly darker (than the patient) complexion and dark curly hair, followed by (once she is exposed and vulnerable) the scary OBAMAcare monster. Right there! Leering at her lily white ladybits!

    The doctor and nurse are clearly not looking out for Blondie. They must have known all about the OBAMAcare monster.

    Is there another ad with President Blackenstein in a white coat asking where the white women at?

    • JWheels

      That one’s currently in production.