Cruz: Senate Republicans Surrendered

CruzOathkeepers

As expected, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) used his time at the Iowa Republican party fall fundraiser last night to lament that we didn’t default on our debt.

“We didn’t accomplish our ultimate policy goal in this battle, and we didn’t because unfortunately a significant number of Senate Republicans chose not to unite and stand side by side with House Republicans,” he said. “Had we stood together I’m convinced the outcome of this fight would be very, very different. But listen, none of us ever thought that taking on the Washington establishment was going to be easy.”

From a certain point of view, he’s not wrong. The fight would have turned out very, very different if they had all stood together in defiance. We would have defaulted on our debt and would more than likely be looking at another recession or worse.

This would be a good time to point out that Ted Cruz ultimately did not stand “side by side” with House Republicans. He had a chance to put his money where his mouth is and perform a real filibuster, but he chose not to.

Cruz knows he had no standing to do that, but he’s workin’ the Lunatic Base hard. He’s running for president, for pete’s sake.

This entry was posted in Election 2016, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    And speaking of loud of mouth and small of brain …

    –alopecia

  • Richard_thunderbay

    Snake oil salesman.

  • Richard_thunderbay

    Default would also substantially increased the deficit, as the interest rates of treasury bills would no doubt skyrocket.

  • feloniousgrammar

    I suspect that those other Republican senators have a lot more experience and stronger business connections than Cruz has, and aren’t so willing to go down in flames with him. He may look like a star in the media, but the old-timers have already made a name for themselves and have won repeated elections— some in districts that aren’t gerrymandered to the gills.

  • Clusterpuck

    “He pushed them out into traffic and told them it would be alright.” Grover Norquist on Cruz’s con on the House Feral Children.

    • Richard_thunderbay

      When Norquist becomes the voice of reason, you’ve really gone off into the deep end.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Cruz must be a masochist, ‘cuz he like getting physically beat up.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Cruz is delusional. Listen to his father talk. He believes Teddy is a divine king on a mission from Gawd. No doubt Teddy grew up listening to that tripe all his life and believes it. I’m sure he believes that anything that happens to him is just part of the inevitable plan to install him with glory.