Alex Jones Rallies Gun Nuts At The Alamo

Photo By Lisa Krantz/SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS

Photo By Lisa Krantz/SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS

“Get your guns & head to San Antonio! Line in the sand! Come and take it, San Antonio!”

What was billed as “a peaceful armed march” at the Alamo yesterday, one of history’s most peaceful, non-violent landmarks– the city of San Antonio, Texas was overrun by hundreds of Davy Crockett wannabes with their guns and their flags and their Alex Jones– who reminded the crowd of their violent culture and heritage, and spoke of war like a true mad man of our times:

Via Rawstory:

He went on to call Mexico “a countrywide Chicago,” before suggesting that the Second Amendment also applies to citizens of Mexico. “There is a fight worldwide to take your guns. Dianne Feinstein, ‘Handgun Control Incorporated,’ the few dozen Democratic operatives they’re going to have marching here in a little while, these so-called ‘moms,’ they are here to disarm you while Homeland Security buys tens of thousands of armored vehicles and millions of bullets.”

“If the people who died here can see us, and I believe they can, I promise you they’d be proud of each and every one of you,” he continued. “We’re not going to lay down if you offensively attack us. If it’s a war they want, it’s a war they’ll get.

Arrrggghhh! War is peace! Orwell! Illuminati! Chemtrails! Black choppers!

It wasn’t always like this, where the Alamo was used as a political prop for armed ignoramuses with delusions of grandeur:

From 1905 until 2011, the Daughters of the Republic of Texas were the custodians of the Alamo; but in 2011, custodianship was transferred to the state’s General Land office, the commissioner of which, Jerry Patterson, approved of yesterday’s rally. Patterson is currently running for lieutenant governor.

“I respect the opinions of folks who say this is not the right place,” Patterson told the thousand or so assembled. “But I submit to you there’s one standard we should apply to gatherings here at this sacred cradle of Texas liberty and that is whether our activity and our purpose would be supported by those men who gave it all.”

See? Alex Jones has the full support of those men who gave it all in 1836.

“Remember the Alamo!”

Especially you, Mexico! And Obama! And Dianne Feinstein! And the shrieking voices inside Alex Jones’s head that never sleep!

This entry was posted in Alex Jones, Comedy, Conspiracy Theory, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Gun Fetishists, Terrorism, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The gun-lickers are already utterly barking and Alex Jones decided they needed to be stirred up. Good thinking.

    Those people are dangerous.

    –alopecia

    • dbtheonly

      Yeah, but rather lacking in remembering exactly what happened at the Alamo. They had guns there originally. Didn’t help.

  • yacope

    the writer was either not there or lying about what actually happened there. He didn’t organize anything nor did he rally anyone.As he did his little rant most of us didn’t pay attention the same way we don’t listen to his show. He tried to attract attention by walking all over the grounds and still 90% of us didn’t look or acknowledged him, one of around 20 speakers there. Who by the way stuck to 2nd amendment themes and no other political agenda.
    The man of the hour and last invited speaker? A 91 yr old Iwo Jima veteran.

    perhaps you should for once listen to another point of view and try to understand the concept of a natural right of self defense guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

    • mrbrink

      I can only laugh when you gun nuts talk about ‘other points of view’ and the natural right to threaten violence against your government. You’re a cult! preaching one delirious message over and over.

      Alex Jones is you! He is the manifestation of your collective conscience.

      Your flyer is threatening the government with armed violence, there, peacenik.

      • yacope

        I threatened the government? Lying about what I just posted is ridiculous. The only people that should fear my guns are zombies (should there be an outbreak of brain eating undead) and criminals who threaten my family or self. You should be more afraid of them than people like me.

        Also I have never heard Jones speak except for yesterday, and I didn’t even listen closely to what he said. Maybe you should polish your reading comprehension skills too.

        • mrbrink

          Whatever helps you sleep, pilgrim. I’m sure you’re a real American hero to the gun lobby.

    • formerlywhatithink

      perhaps you should for once listen to another point of view and try to understand the concept of a natural right of self defense guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

      Jesus christ, the Second Amendment has nothing to do with self defense.

      A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

      Now, show me where in that sentence it says anything about self defense? Security of the state does not equal self defense.

      Secondly, you know how most towns have a building named the “Armory” or some version of that word? Do you know why? Because arms were stored in those buildings, usually by the states National Guard, handed out as needed and collected when the need was over. Most citizens, especially in urban areas, did not keep firearms in their homes. Only in recent history has the Second Amendment been translated as giving everyone the right to own whatever guns they wanted.

    • D_C_Wilson

      one of around 20 speakers there

      Why was he invited to speak at all? What possible intelligent point could this noted conspiracy theorist have made that merited him being given a speaking slot?

  • hanadora444

    And what is this macho-sounding “line in the sand” business anyway? You draw a line in the sand and the tide comes is and washes it away. Very fragile and impermanent.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Agreed, its very fragile impermanent.
      Bill O’Reilly said: “the tide comes in….the tide goes out….no miscommunication” and he should know because he speaks wingnutese.

    • FlipYrWhig

      I think it’s an old playground thing, like “chip on his shoulder” and “knock his block off.” The idea is that you draw a line in the sand and dare someone to cross it, and if he does, you fight. (The others are similar: you put an object on your body and dare the other guy to knock it off, and then you fight.)

  • mdblanche

    Where’s Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna when you need him?

  • D_C_Wilson

    “We’re not going to lay down if you offensively attack us. If it’s a war they want, it’s a war they’ll get.”

    How did that work out for the last people who “stood their ground” at the Alamo?

    Patterson is currently running for lieutenant governor.

    Gee, what a surprise. Is there anything more dangerous to the health of this country than a Texan with eyes on running for higher office?