Carmudgeons

caremudgeons

Artist – Jen Sorensen

In other news, Representative Renee Ellmers (R-Responsible Gun Owner) reportedly had an AR-15 rifle stolen from her home last week after the gun was laying around in an open garage.

The weapon had been left leaning against a gun locker in an unlocked garage on Kingsway Drive, the report said.

“According to the report, they had been out target shooting and brought the gun back and leaned it against the gun safe,” Pope said. “ … The garage door was left unsecured, according to the report.”

As you may have guessed, Ellmers is staunchly opposed to gun control laws. Because personal responsibility. And the bottom line is that she needs her paycheck so she can buy another rifle.

This entry was posted in Guns, Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    A TPM reader thinks most people moaning about the problems with the healthcare website misunderstand the problem.

    And Renee Ellmers and her family should never be allowed to own another firearm as long as they live.

      The restaurant metaphor is a very useful model to explain what’s really going on. Getting the data from all the disparate systems and displaying it all nice and neat in a short amount of time is a herculean task. That all being said….I’ve been very, very patient. I was finally able to fill out the app online last week but I still have not gotten any info back as to what plans are available. I just logged in and it brings back only part of the user profile page. I’m going to have to break down and call them instead.