Cheney: Iraq Was a Success Because We Stopped Non-Existent WMDs

When asked by Bill O’Reilly on Fox News what the United States ultimately gained by going to war in Iraq, former Vice President Dick “Dick” Cheney said that we stopped the non-existent WMDs.

Bill O’ The Clown doesn’t want to “Monday morning quarterback” Iraq or blame Cheney or his hand-puppet Bush for pissing away trillions of dollars and killing hundreds of thousands of people, but he would like to know what we got out of it.

O’REILLY: I don’t blame you, you Vice President Cheney or President Bush for doing what you did — I’m not Monday morning quarterbacking — but right now, what do we get out of Iraq for all of that blood and treasure? What do we get out of it?

CHENEY: What we gain and my concern was then and it remains today is that the biggest threat we face is the possibility of terrorist groups like al Qaeda equipped with weapons of mass destruction, with nukes, bugs or gas. That was the threat after 9/11 and when we took down Saddam Hussein we eliminated Iraq as a potential source of that.

The dead speak to you through his raspy chords as blood drips from his fangs and contempt for human life burns in his eye sockets.

If you can bare to watch long enough, he also goes on to blame the Obama administration for a surge in extremist recruitment that Cheney’s policies undoubtedly created. Blowback for the Bush administration has barely even begun.

To name his book “Heart” is clearly an attempt to kill Irony once and for all, because his job isn’t finished until no one is left breathing.

Cheney's Book

This entry was posted in Iraq and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    As far as I’m concerned, Dubya, Dick Cheney and their cohorts who started the Iraq War, are no different than those Ghost Adventures douchebags on the Travel Channel. Only the Ghost Adventures guys don’t get thousands of people killed doing what they do.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I don’t mean to be hyperbolic, but my opinion is that Dick Cheney is the closest thing to pure evil the United States has ever had at its highest levels of government.

    Of course, there’s a cohort that would say the same of our current president. Maybe this is why.

      “Dick Cheney is the closest thing to pure evil”

      Wholeheartedly agree. The way he lies, with such conviction with that flat affect, not a hint of feeling…he gives me the heebie jeebies. He’s a sociopath, through and through.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Of course, there’s a cohort that would say the same of our current president

      The difference being, of course, that folks who see Cheney as evil explain their view by pointing to things like the invasion of Iraq, his eagerness to use torture and the lies he made in the video above.

      While folks who see Obama as evil point to his skin color, his eagerness to provide health care and lies they make about his nationality.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Yes; I’ve been saying that since the beginning. The “left” hated Bush and Cheney because of things they actually did; the “right” hates Obama because of things they believe and fear he (meaning, the caricature of him they’ve created) might/could/wants to do.

        • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

          Your statement the “right” hates Obama because of things they believe and fear he … might/could/wants to do.

          Proven by this one sentence in his reply:
          That was the threat after 9/11 and when we took down Saddam Hussein we eliminated Iraq as a potential source of that.

          That man makes me sick. Not what has been done, but what they’re afraid might be done in some indefinite future. Cowards.

          • Christopher Foxx

            To be fair, being wary of what might be done is not in itself a bad thing. It can actually be a very good thing. It’s much better, for example, to prevent a terror attack than to avenge one.

            But the concern about what someone might/could/wants to do has to be a reasonable and reality-based one. Being concerned about what Republicans might/want to do should (when) they regain the Presidency because of what they have already actually done (shut down the gov’t) and have declared they want to do (kill necessary programs) is highly rational.

            Cheney, of course, is just a sociopath and has no rational reason for his “concerns”.

          • feloniousgrammar

            Cheney also has a ridiculous lot of experience in government. He started as an intern for a House rep. Then from 1975 to 1989 he worked in the White House for the Nixon and Ford Administration. He was the White House Chief of Staff from 1975 to 1977, a representative for Wyoming fron 1970 to 1989. And was the Secretary of Defense under George H.W. Bush form 1989 to 1993. He oversaw Desert Storm.

            From 1995 to 2000, he was the chairman and CEO of Halliburton. As Vice President under George W. Bush, he milked those contracts for all they were worth. However much W. might think that he made his own decisions, his experience in government is a laugh riot compared to Cheney’s.

            He was not just a sociopath, he was very experienced in government work, as well as the poster child for conflicts of interest, and the perfect co-conspirator. He likes it in the shadows.

          • feloniousgrammar

            Preventive war— that they get away with saying this over and over again is testimony to the toxicity of corporate media.

        • feloniousgrammar

          Unfortunately, their is a gaggle of lefties who see the same evil in Obama because he didn’t make all the evil effects of the Bush Administration go bye bye with a wave of his magic negro wand.

  • muselet

    What a waste of valuable medical resources.

    –alopecia

    • Kitty Smith

      I still consider him the world’s first zombie.

      • muselet

        And every zombie just turned around and said, “Hey! No fair!”

        –alopecia

        • Kitty Smith

          I don’t like zombies anyway, so what do I care?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    A hot steaming pile of shit has more humanity in it than Dick Cheney.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Why hasn’t Satan come by to claim his soul yet?

  • mrbrink

    Damn you science!

  • Al Iriberri

    Thousands of US and coalition soldiers and contractors dead, let alone who knows how many thousand civilians, on the possibility that something that we never found might have been there. No problem.

    Four diplomats killed in a consular office in one of the most dangerous regions in the world? SCANDAL!! HORROR!! IMPEACH!