Delusions of Grandeur

Steve Lonegan, the man who said “bring it on” in regards to a government shutdown, is having delusions of grandeur.

“When I win, Obama will fold.” Lonegan says his internal polling shows a neck-and-neck race in the U.S. Senate contest and that all the momentum is in his favor. “My victory in this election on Wednesday will send a message to Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that the American people want an end to Obamacare and the rest of the President’s radical agenda.”

The election of Steve Lonegan will herald the fall of Obama, says Steve Lonegan. Also, Mitt Romney will win in a landslide.

I suppose the good news for Lonegan is that he won’t win, meaning no one will be able to prove him wrong.

Sarah Palin will join Lonegan on the campaign trail this weekend. That should tell you all you need to know about his chances.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, Government Shutdown, Sarah Palin and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    Unfortunately, Lonegan’s supporters will buy the coming “Obama personally sent out his Black Panther lead UN army to rig the votes and stop me from beating Booker” explanation because they don’t want to believe the fact that there is another one of THOSE popular enough to win elections.

    Baby Jeebus on a cracker, why don’t these idiots understand how our government is supposed to work. One nucking futs rep from a conservative district in NJ does not represent the interests or opinions of a nation with over 300 million residents.

    Edited to add, Booker has over a 15 point lead in the polls and the election is next Wednesday….thank the FSM.

    • Pink No More

      why don’t these idiots understand how our government is supposed to work

      Because they have no interest in how it’s supposed to work. In GOP World, the gov’t has two functions: Prop up the entrenched power structure, and kill/imprison browns, poors, etc.

      • Christopher Foxx

        In GOP World, the gov’t has two functions: Prop up the entrenched power structure, and kill/imprison browns, poors, etc.

        Exactly. And it’s not doing that which is why the US gov’t is clearly broken.

        In GOP world.

    • mdblanche

      Wednesday?

      • incredulous72

        Yep. Wednesday, October 16th.
        Christie scheduled the election one month ahead of his own on an off day. I don’t know if that is strategy on his part, or scheduling on behalf of the NJ Board of Elections.

    • Teddy’s Person

      “Baby Jeebus on a cracker” LOL

    • Christopher Foxx

      Baby Jeebus on a cracker, why don’t these idiots understand how our government is supposed to work.

      But they do. A government that is working correctly is one which they control and live off of. And this one is trying to not do that. Clearly it’s broken.

    • D_C_Wilson

      He’s not in a conservative district. He’s running for the US Senate, which is a statewide race.

  • Ned F

    Although he probably won’t win, I find it troubling that Lonegan is able to poll as well as he has, in New Jersey, in a district held by Lautenberg, at this present time, supporting the shutdown and tea party line.

    • incredulous72

      The only answer to that is there are crazies living everywhere, and tea partiers are so skewed in terms of their stances other than they hate President Obama that it’s hard to pinpoint them geographically.

      I know here in NY’s mayoral race, there are many Dems that will vote for Lhota next month because, ” . . . they remember what it was like living in the city when City Hall was under democratic leadership (Dinkins) and they don’t want to go through that again.”

  • zirgar

    Why, Steve Lonegan is a real man, I tell ya. He smokes cigars, quaffs Scotch, and loves him some wholseome, spirited bouts of nude Greco-Roman wrestling with the boys. He ain’t no homo, either. He’s a confident he-man, man. Seriously, I bet this guy stands on his tip toes in his garage wearing women’s underwear with a tight noose around his neck, with jumper cables strapped to his balls, and screaming like a fabulous falsetto Banshee when the car engine gets cranked, his wife crying, saying, “Oh, Steve. Oh, Steve. I can’t keep doing this.” These dickheads are never what they want us to think they are.

      Can’t……get…..visual…..out……of……my……..head! Damn you, Zirgar

  • Waltb31

    Chief grifter Caribou Barbie is coming in to “save the day”?? Yikes! He really is off the deep end.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, at least no one has accused him of being a witch yet.