Dick Cheney’s Paranoid Fiction

Consider this your regular reminder that television is not real life and that “24″ was not a documentary. via TPM

In an interview set to air Sunday on “60 Minutes,” Cheney, who has a long history of heart problems, said his cardiologist disabled the defibrillator’s wireless function over concern that terrorists could use it to send a fatal shock. Years after the procedure, Cheney noticed that very scenario play out in an episode of the show “Homeland.”

“I was aware of the danger…that existed…I found it credible,” Cheney said. “I know from the experience we had and the necessity for adjusting my own device, that it was an accurate portrayal of what was possible.”

In hindsight, it’s not surprising that a man who thought someone was going to “hack” his heart masterminded the bloody campaign in Iraq, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

The news here may be that Cheney does, in fact, have a heart.

Believing that someone is going to use your pacemaker to kill you is an unfathomable level of paranoia. It’s fiction.

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • DHaradaStone

    Why would terrorists kill one of their best recruiters?

  • Treading_Water

    So, the very idea that someone might be able to use a wireless signal to hack his defibrillator was enough for Cheney to disable an important function of his heart implant, but a written report called “Bin Laden determined to attack the US” using the scenario of hijacked planes as weapons was so outlandish that it was ignored.

    Why does anyone give credibility to this war criminal?

  • Nick2000

    These can indeed be made to malfunction, but as somebody stated, Dick Cheney was Al-Qaida’s best recruiter in the sense that he helped anger muslim population and trigger hate of the US

  • muselet

    “I was aware of the danger…that existed…I found it credible,” Cheney said.

    What a waste of oxygen.

    –alopecia

  • feloniousgrammar

    What he does and does not find credible just isn’t that credible.

  • mdblanche

    “The news here may be that Cheney does, in fact, have a heart.”

    He had one implanted last year. I believe Dr. Mola Ram performed the surgery.