Expert Advice

NugentShitPantsYou’ll never guess who’s been tapped to serve as co-chairman and treasurer of former state Representative Sid Miller’s campaign for agricultural commissioner of Texas.

Ted Nugent

“I believe in guys who stand by the Constitution,” Nugent said in a phone interview late Tuesday while hanging up a freshly mounted ram on the wall of his home. “I believe in guys who represent ‘we the people’ and common sense.” [...]

“I grow crops and I raise wildlife. I’ve been an ag guy since I was a kid,” he said. [...]

Miller gained notoriety for a bill he authored that was signed by Perry in 2011 that requires doctors to perform sonograms before abortions. On the agriculture side of things, he also pushed to allow aerial hunting of feral hogs, an invasive species that has been a menace for many Texas farmers and ranchers.

While they both favor shooting defenseless animals from a helicopter, giving them at least some common ground, I’m not convinced Ted Nugent is qualified to serve as the co-chairman and treasurer of a campaign.

From my point of view, suggesting that you’re qualified to serve as co-chair and treasurer of a campaign for agricultural commissioner because you ‘grew crops and raised wildlife’ is a bit like saying you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Unfortunately, I have no doubt that a man whose co-chairman and treasurer said President Obama should “suck on my machine gun” could still be elected in the state of Texas.

This entry was posted in Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    What does the US Constitution (or “‘we the people’ and common sense”) have to do with who’s elected Agriculture Commissioner of Texas?

    -alopecia

      I’m not sure there’s any sense to anything occurring in TX right at the moment.

      • muselet

        And even less in Ted Nugent’s brain pan.

    Ted Nugent isn’t even qualified to be a dog catcher, as his idea in dealing with strays would be to hunt them down and shoot them.

    Of course, Nugent would be in good company with right wing Texans in office. See Perry, Cruz, Gohmert, Stockman, just for starters.

  • Runt

    I can’t quite see how you can “raise wildlife”. If Nugent is breeding animals, they aren’t wild.