For a Good Time Dial 1-800-DERP

This was Drudges’s top headline as of 1 p.m. this afternoon.

DrudgeSiren

This Drudge siren takes you to this story in the Daily Caller. Because who else will spin fart jokes into news stories?

CallerSisren

I would say that Drudge, The Daily Caller, and the rest of the right wing media are an embarrassment, but we’re way beyond that.

I believe Charles Pierce was onto something when he declared that the Reign of Morons has arrived.

“We have elected the people sitting on hold, waiting for their moment on an evening drive-time radio talk show.

We have elected an ungovernable collection of snake-handlers, Bible-bangers, ignorami, bagmen and outright frauds, a collection so ungovernable that it insists the nation be ungovernable, too. We have elected people to govern us who do not believe in government.”

It may be time to admit that America is a nation of idiots.

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • drspittle

    But, but, Brawndo has electrolytes that plants crave!

    • Robert Scalzi

      Water is for Toilets !!

  • Teddy’s Person

    The time to admit we’re a nation of idiots is in our rearview mirror. I think we’re approaching the time to admit we’re a nation of sociopaths.

    • Nefercat

      Does it make it better or worse that we are a nation of moronic, jaw-droppingly stupid sociopaths?

      • Lady Willpower

        What’s this “we” I keep hearing? I’m not an idiot or a sociopath.

        • Nefercat

          I was just following the syntax in the original comment. I don’t think you or the original commenter fit those categories.

      • feloniousgrammar

        What makes it worse is that we are nation of people, like any other nation, but the capitalist fetish and the dregs of Cold War ideology combine to give plutocrats and weapons manufacturers undue advantages.

        In part, I think, it is one of the drawbacks of democracy that it allows fringe elements to gain influence far beyond their influence, especially when astroturfed by billionaires.

        What amplifies the problem is our corporate press.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Uhh….. On what planet does 318-2596 spell out FUCKYO on a phone?

    FUCKYO would be 382596. The “1” kind of throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

    Jeebus fleebing cripes.

    • Tony Lavely

      It explains why there are only six digits…
      When US phones use seven. You can make the Bible say anything. I guess the same is true of phone numbers.

    • feloniousgrammar

      I’m convinced that a lot of right-wingers are functionally illiterate. Also, it’s well known that they’re authoritarian, so it’s unlikely that they’ll question their revered bobble-heads.

      These are likely the poor chumps who thought buying gold and hoarding it was so smart that anyone who didn’t was stupid. Rubes.

    • JozefAL

      Fun thing is that 382596 also spells out DUALYO and DUCKYO. Interesting how the right-wing goes with the obscenity. Shows the whole world whose mind is REALLY “in the gutter.”

  • Robert Scalzi

    Duh … I have long believed that you should NEVER overestimate the intelligence of the American public , should you be duped into thinking we are a nation of intelligent rational people you will always be disappointed.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    The idiots who keep electing these idiots are the ones who give the country a bad name and rep.