Gold-Plated

GoldPlated-NickAnderson

Artist – Nick Anderson

In other news, the Social Security Administration is warning that it cannot guarantee full benefit payments in the event of a default.

Meanwhile, the Boston Globe has the story on how conservatives met in private early this year and planned to shut the government down over Obamacare. Objecting to a budget conference 19 times since then makes a little more sense now.

I’m reminded of Republicans getting together in 2009 and plotting to make President Obama a one term president. That didn’t work out so well for them.

This entry was posted in Government Shutdown, Open Thread, Social Security and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    Ted Cruz looks like the larval form of Pat Buchanan.

    • dbtheonly

      Between Cruz & Bachmann they make Huckabee look rational.

      God help us all.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I don’t know what’s worse; what the GOP has been doing for the past 5 years, or the fact that they will never, ever, ever, ever have to pay for it.

    • stacib23

      You forgot to include “and they and 40% of the American population will blame Barack Obama and the Democrats”,