GOP Approval Rating Bottoming Out

We’ve already established than Congress has a lower approval rating that hemorrhoids and dog poop, but the Republican party itself is also bottoming out according to the latest Gallup poll.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — With the Republican-controlled House of Representatives engaged in a tense, government-shuttering budgetary standoff against a Democratic president and Senate, the Republican Party is now viewed favorably by 28% of Americans, down from 38% in September. This is the lowest favorable rating measured for either party since Gallup began asking this question in 1992.

GallupPoll-10-9-13

The last time Republicans were anywhere close to being this unpopular they had just finished impeaching President Bill Clinton over a blowjob. Even the worst moments of the Iraq War don’t come close.

This entry was posted in Government Shutdown, Poll and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JoyP

    Unfortunately, the bubble that keeps them from hearing any rational voices tells them they aren’t being conservative enough and need to keep up the fight.

    Let’s think of some other things that we like better than the GOP, shall we?

    Gum on the bottom of my new high heels
    A dirty toilet overflowing when you really, really gotta go
    Moldy tomatoes when you want to make a BLT
    Sunburn on top of a sunburn

    I could do this alllllll day long.

    • feloniousgrammar

      A pap smear with a cold speculum. Menopause. Actually, I really prefer having multiple sclerosis to Republicans and I mean that with all my heart— it doesn’t threaten to destroy everyone around me.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Any ol’ Stage 5 terminal illness.

    • Mike_Norris

      Having my brains scooped out with a teaspoon and eaten by a space alien while I watch him eat…

    • stacib23

      Dental drilling – without the novocaine – on all 32 teeth.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Syphilis.

    • cleos_mom

      Ragweed.

  • Zen Diesel

    This pretty much sums up the Grand Ole Confederacy Party position on the shutdown:

    “Someone posted this in another forum”

    GOP: “Can I burn your house down?”

    Dems: “No”

    GOP: “How about just the second floor?”

    Dems: “No.”

    GOP: “Just your garage?”

    Dems: “No.”

    GOP: “Let’s discuss how much of the house we can burn down?”

    Dems: “No.”

    GOP: “I can’t believe you won’t negotiate with me!’

      re-posting on my blog!

    • Victor_the_Crab

      GOP: “OK then, how ’bout if I just blow your house up?”

      Dems: “No!”

      GOP: “Just a little bit.”

      Dems: “No!”

      GOP: “C’mon now, it’ll actually improve your house. Trust me!”

      Dems: “Are you diseased in the head or what?”

  • LTanya Spearman

    Editorial in Rep. Ted Yoho’s hometown paper — ‘Gainesville Sun’
    Dear Ted Yoho:
    It has been nearly a year since you were elected to your first term in Congress. Given your Alachua County ties and two University of Florida degrees, we were cautiously optimistic that you would have a better appreciation of our community’s values and priorities than your predecessor..
    http://www.gainesville.com/article/20131008/OPINION01/131009677/1076/opinion?p=1&tc=pg
    Some banks aren’t accepting October Treasuries as collateral — The nightmare if that spread: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000
    http://qz.com/132690/heres-t
    It’s pretty effing pathetic when Assad & Putin are saner to deal with than repubs. — in congress.. Bonehead and his hillbillies saboteurs are playing with a fire they don’t know how to handle..
    IMO, “Let everyone of them go down in flames in 2014.” GOTV 2014

  • trgahan

    I like this news better if the last time it was low they weren’t back to 53 percent approval within 6 months and captured the White House….that is likely a reason they aren’t too concerned having a 28 percent approval in a non-election year.