Graham: All Your Nominees Are Belong to Me

monkeycourt

After watching 60 Minutes last night, Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) had a moment of clarity and decided that Benghazi(!) is still a thing.

During his appearance on Fox News this morning, Graham said he will block all nominations until the survivors of Benghazi are paraded through Monkey Court.

GRAHAM: So I am calling for a joint select committee. But for God’s sake, let the House have a select committee where you get three or four committees together to look at this situation as one unit rather than stove piping. And where are the survivors? 14 months later, Steve, the survivors, the people who survived the attack in Benghazi, have not been made available to the U.S. congress for oversight purposes. I’m going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until the survivors are being made available to the Congress. I’m tired of hearing from people on TV and reading about stuff in books.

Graham is tired of hearing about this from other people on TV. Why should they get to have all the fun? Shouldn’t Graham be the one who gets to break the news that there is no news?

And what if those survivors don’t want to participate in the Republican party’s dog and pony show?

There’s nothing they could reveal that isn’t already known, but they may stammer or misspeak and provide new fodder for the GOP. That’s what they really want.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Robert Scalzi

    Stupid is as stupid does….

    • Nefercat

      Vicious is as vicious does.

  • feloniousgrammar

    After Democrats take the House and enough of the Senate to keep filibusters down to a dull roar, this secret hold and other practices that are nothing more than efforts to cripple the elected POTUS can be written away. There are times when a president’s choice needs to be thoroughly questioned and sometimes voted down, but that’s not we’re seeing here.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I’m pretty sure the screen shot for Lindsey Graham looked something like this:

  • muselet

    Have another mint julep, Senator, then take a long nap. When you wake up, you’ll feel refreshed and be less likely to behave like a spoiled toddler in a Toys”R”Us.

    Wanker.

    I’m going to block every appointment in the United States Senate until the survivors are being made available to the Congress.

    “And I’m going to hold my breath until you agree with me. And I’m not gonna clean my room, either. And you can’t make me!!”

    This toddler needs a serious time out.

  • waspuppet

    “There’s nothing they could reveal that isn’t already known, but they
    may stammer or misspeak and provide new fodder for the GOP. That’s what
    they really want.”

    Which is totally not politicizing a tragedy because Republican.

    • missliberties

      Yes. Crucial simple statement is why are the politicizing a tragedy. It isn’t to ‘find out’ what happened. This is all about 2016 and Hillary.

      • Lady Willpower

        The slightest misstatement is ALWAYS proof of shenanigans.
        See also: 57 states.

  • missliberties

    We know what happened. But stamps feet Me Demands to Know…. What really happened!!

    • feloniousgrammar

      Actually, I think it’s more like there isn’t anything I won’t use as a bludgeon with which to slander President Obama.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Yes, but Lindsey didn’t get his chance to have his own dog and pony show! Ted had his, no fair!

  • Lady Willpower

    Newsflash for Lindsey Graham: no one is buying this late career attempt to rebrand yourself as a fire-breather. You’re just playing defense. The R base still hates you.