Headline of the Day

Here’s something you won’t see every day or even every generation.

HemorrhoidsPoll

I have no idea how something so depressing can be so funny, but I’m laughing.

Here’s the context of the poll conducted by Public Policy Polling.

Voters say they have a higher opinion of hemorrhoids than Congress, by 53% to 31%. More than seven in 10 voters say they view jury duty more favorably than Congress, which musters only 18% support in that comparison. Even toenail fungus rates 3 percentage points higher Congress. [...]

“Congress having an 8% approval rating tells us one thing about how unhappy voters are,” said Dean Debnam, president of Public Policy Polling. “But it’s even more telling that voters have a lower opinion of it than annoyances like the DMV and jury duty, health issues like hemorrhoids, and even witches.”

You have to be proud, right?

Snark aside, if this persists for an extended period of time, it could be dangerous. Sensible people aren’t the only ones who share a very low approval of Congress. There are plenty of people who dislike Congress because it isn’t dysfunctional enough.

This entry was posted in Comedy, Poll, The Media and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

    I want to get off the crazy train! http://drangedinaz.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/i-want-to-get-off-the-crazy-train/

    It just occurred to me….I’d rather the country defaulted and I lost my job (which would destroy my life because my job depends on federal funds) rather than subvert the democratic process in my country. Many conservatives would rather they get what they want even if it means subverting and ultimately destroying the democratic process. One stance is patriotic and the other is treasonous. Next time some effin eedjit Tea Party member tries to tell me how patriotic they are, I’m going to metaphorically shove this idea down their throat until my hand comes out the other end. Selfish, treasonous assholes.

  • zirgar

    Conservatives: Do whatever it takes to make you happy even if it fucks over as many people as possible to do so.
    Liberals: Do whatever it takes to make as many people as possible happy even if it fucks you over to do so.
    Reductionist? Yes. Overly simplistic? Certainly. Nevertheless, I think it sums up the basic difference between the two ideologies.

  • fry1laurie

    We need Preparation R, “Remove Republicans” from office.

  • Razor

    The problem is, everyone loves THEIR congressman though, hence why nothing ever changes.