Infighting

taxreformIf you enjoy watching Republican infighting, you’ll love this.

Even some Republicans are referring to other Republicans as “terrorists,” though their reason for doing so may leave you shaking your head.

In an email reviewed by The Daily Beast and dated October 17, Ryan Ellis, the director of tax policy for Grover Norquist’s Americans for Tax Reform, declared, “the Repeal Coalition was hijacked by Defund terrorists. They flew the plane in a new direction and assured us that x, y, and z would follow. Not only did they not follow, but in fact a, b, and c happened.”

Why is Grover Norquist’s point-man upset? Because he wants to repeal Obamacare in its entirety while others only want to defund it, not repeal it. As if it makes any real difference.

Ellis’s recent rage-a-thon didn’t stop at referring to his comrades in the Flying Monkey Caucus as terrorists.

In a recent tweet, he described Tea Party activists as “freakin retarded.” A few hours later, he apologized for his choice of words, saying “I used language I shouldn’t have.”

    This story is good for a giggle, but in the end, the Flying Monkey Caucus and the tax-haters will kiss and make up, and go back to making others’ lives miserable. It’s what they live for.

      Well, they need to keep one eye open, in case the other plans to stick a knife into their backs.

  • feloniousgrammar

    Defunding would have just put it into a coma. They want to drown in it the bathtub. They want it dead. Already people are figuring out that they can start looking for other jobs without worrying about health care coverage. And money spent on labor and the poor is money that these vultures don’t get to suck out of the economy.

    • JWheels

      “Already people are figuring out that they can start looking for other jobs without worrying about health care coverage.”

      I predict this will be the greatest benefit of the Affordable Care Act when we look back on it in ten years or so. It’s going to shift the balance from the employers to the employees and get rid of one of the biggest barriers to upward mobility. For a couple decades now people have been afraid to stand up against their employers for the simple reason that they were scared to death to put their healthcare in jeopardy. But with affordable insurance and no discrimination based on pre-existing conditions they won’t have that worry anymore. Employers will lose the biggest piece of leverage they had.

      • Kitty Smith

        Exactly. Which is one of the reasons why the party of rich fuckers who want cheap, disposable labor are fighting this. you’d THINK they’d be all over the chance to pay LESS in benefits, but you know.

  • jmhall2369

    They flew the plane in a new direction and assured us that x, y, and z would follow. Not only did they not follow, but in fact a, b, and c happened.”

    And I’m certain with Mr. Ellis there are two letters never to be associated with him: I.Q.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I really wish people wouldn’t insult those with mental disabilities by comparing them to teabaggers. Willful stupidity is not the same as having a disability.