Keeping Up With The Gohmert

GohmertClown
Speaking at the Wingnut Bible School UFO Klan Extravaganza 2013 (Values Voters Summit), Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) attacked Senator John McCain for disagreeing with the party’s shutdown strategy, or a lack thereof, by saying that McCain supports al Qaeda.

“I heard just before I came, some senator from Arizona, a guy that liked Gaddafi before he wanted to bomb him. A guy that’s been to Syria and supported al Qaeda and the rebels. But he was saying today the shutdown has been a fools’ errand. And I agree with him, the president and Harry Reid should not have shut this government down.”

After alleging that John McCain is a terrorist sympathizer, Gohmert elaborated and said that, in the fight over the government shutdown, his own views represent “intelligent and rational people.”

I have no doubt that the things that come out of Gohmert’s mouth represent the best and brightest of those who elected him, but they’re far from intelligent or rational.

This comes from the man who brought us “terror babies,” who claimed that Attorney General Eric Holder is being controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, and claimed that people use food stamps to buy King Crab legs. And will you please stop casting aspersions on his asparagus?

I don’t like being put in a position of having to defend John McCain, but Gohmert still manages to be an embarrassment in a nation quickly running out of things to be embarrassed about.

This entry was posted in John McCain, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • beulahmo

    “Wingnut Bible School UFO Klan Extravaganza 2013″

    You’re on fire today, JM. :-D

    • Zen Diesel

      He should patent it before the Daily Show jacks it…..lol

        DS (or Colbert) will change it to “Wingnut Bible School and UFO Klanstravaganza” to avoid copyright infringement.

  • Mike_Norris

    What keeps someone from just punching this dickhead right in the throat? Seriously, how big of a son of a bitch is Gohmert? Jeezus…

    • Robert Scalzi

      He poked the wrong bear – Unhinged Johnny Mac isn’t to be trifled with – in a cage fight I would bet on the actual POW even tho he’s 70+ rather than the overcooked soft noodle texass congress critter

  • Mike_Norris

    Running out of things!? Jeezuz Ashby, we still have Steve King and Michelle Bachmann. /snark.

  • Christopher Foxx

    …casting aspersions on his asparagus…

    That is never going to get old.

  • JoyP

    I really think that someday someone is going to punch someone. This is like a kindergarten class – whiny babies, bullies, and the scared kids in the corner.

    Johnnie Maverick was cast out in the Great Purge of 2009 for losing to the Kenyan Islamunofascist Usurper.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    “I heard just before I came…”

    No Louie. The voices inside your head don’t count.

    Gohmert elaborated and said that, in the fight over the government shutdown, his own views represent “intelligent and rational people.”

    Like Bizzaro Superman and Bizzaro Lois Lane.

    • Lady Willpower

      I’m starting to believe there just aren’t that many intelligent and rational people left in Texas, if they put this yokel in office.

      • feloniousgrammar

        The University of Texas has a lot of academic stars, but it’s buried in a very gerrymandered state that has some pockets of unbelievably stupid and mean fundamentalists. All the major cities were blue in the last election, if I’m not mistaken, but there are a whole lot of rural lands and small towns in Texas. Still, I’d bet that within the next four years Texas turns blue.