Million Vet Organizers: We Were Hijacked

Organizers of the Million Veterans March would like to make it clear that they are not affiliated with those who organized a gathering of secessionist radicals outside the White House yesterday.

In a post on their Facebook page, organizers of the movement said one local organizer ‘hijacked the narrative for political gain.’

MillionVets

This wouldn’t be the first time the Tea Party hijacked someone else’s message and twisted it for their own purpose.

After all, the original Tea Party was a protest against tax cuts for the British East India Company, the largest corporation in the world at the time.

Hijacking someone else’s message is par for the course for the modern movement which I will remind you began as an astroturf group that gained notoriety for wanting to “tea bag” politicians for passing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (the stimulus).

This entry was posted in Assholery, Ethics and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Accusations from the right-wing righteous indignation machine that this organization is VINO in 3… 2…1

  • mdblanche

    I’m not buying it. The tell is that nobody there was objecting to the “hijacking.”

    • Christopher Foxx

      Exactly.

  • feloniousgrammar

    “Our love for and dedication to remains with veterans…”

    It’s doubtful that they were referring to the “remains” of World War II veterans and soldiers in the cemetery. Typo. But how did these protesters who appear to believe that anything shy of opening fire on the Capitol Police is “peaceful”, end up in front of the White House behaving in a threatening manner toward the police?

    Eventually, these types threaten the police enough, they may find out that truly having a police force that is opposed to them is nothing like police officers standing around in front of the White House. These asshats may have deluded themselves into thinking that screaming epithets and ganging up on the police is “peaceful” activity, but they don’t have to go too much further to justify a riot squad that is determined to take them all in. How would any officer tell the difference between Sovereign Citizens whose goal is to kill police officers, and these yahoos? The white, angry male privilege of these nuts could be taken down a few notches. I hate to say it, but sometimes those nasty old tropes actually apply— they need to be given something to really cry about. They are not entitled by law to harass and behave in a threatening manner towards police officers doing their job.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Eventually, these types threaten the police enough, they may find out that truly having a police force that is opposed to them is nothing like police officers standing around in front of the White House.

      As someone pointed out here yesterday, these morons have no idea what a real -police state is like. They’re a bunch of selfish, overly-entitled idiots* who have had it so easy they they think the slightest opposition to them getting to do whatever they want is oppression.

      They have no idea.

      * Y’know. Exactly what they complain everyone else is.

  • kmgtwo
  • mrbrink

    I think they might be trying to slowly back away from Sarah Palin. She doesn’t do subtle, or intelligent, or dignified. I also get the impression that there aren’t a lot of women leading in that Million Vet movement. Seems like a macho-movement to me. I could be wrong. Confederate flag guy probably had something to do with it, too. I would wager that we wouldn’t have heard a word if it was all Gadsdens and no Sarah Palin.