Mission Accomplished

MissionAccomplished

Artist – Bob Englehart

In other news, Representative Randy Douchebaurer (R-TX) has apologized for being a smug asshole telling a park ranger that she should be “ashamed” for his government shutdown.

You’ll have to forgive the light posting today, I was at the bar the last few hours.

This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    If he were honest about it, he’d say something like this:

    “I apologize for berating you in public for doing your job. I was just trying to get some sound bites out that would excite the base in my district. You understand, right? Now, two weeks later, I’m quietly releasing this letter on a Friday because that’s when you release news you don’t want to draw attention to. Anyone, I am sorry and would greatly appreciate it if you don’t make a big deal out of this apology because I still have to look to the people back home like I’m kicking ass here in Washington.”

  • mrbrink

    This is just an observation, but it felt like Eddie Murphy as Mr. White as I was working in the northern suburbs of rural Illinois all day, and I got the impression that the Grey Hair are some seriously pissed off people right now. White men between the ages of entitled prick and Tea Party ignoramus are not smiling in America right now. And every local paper I read today ran with slightly varying headlines that read, “President Obama “Slams,” and, “Lashes Out,” and “Slams Republicans!”

    “President Takes Victory Lap…”

    Listening to right wing radio off and on all day and coming into contact with hundreds of middle aged white men, at this point this media framing could only be interpreted as, “President Obama Gets All Uppity and Puts White Men In Their Place And What Are You Gonna Do About Whitey, Just Sit There?”

    For this:

    “You don’t like what we’re doing in government? Then argue your case and win an election – don’t break it.”

    And this:

    “Nothing has done more damage to America’s credibility in the world, our standing with other countries.

    “It’s encouraged our enemies. It’s emboldened our competitors. And it’s depressed our friends who look to us for steady leadership.”

    Like their internal Billy Bibbit is being dragged off by the orderlies.

    Conservative white men are not taking this beating well, and the media is acting like DeNiro’s Jimmy Conway egging on Joe Pesci’s Tommy right before he shoots Spider. I’ve never seen so many frozen scowls in one day in my life.

    • nathkatun7

      Thank youMrBrink fo saying so well everything I feel about the way the mainstream media (MSM) have been downright inciting: “White men between the ages of entitled prick and Tea Party ignoramus….”

      I am so fed up with the so called MSM! They are unethical! Quite a few of them act like the propaganda arm of right wing Republicans.

  • 1933john

    The first half of the apologist name is indicative of his worth.