New Trailer for ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug’

I seriously can’t wait to return to Middle Earth for the next movie. If it’s half as good as this new trailer, it won’t disappoint.

This entry was posted in Movies and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    I’m totally with you. Cannot wait.

  • Draxiar

    When it was announced that the Hobbit was going to go from two movies to three there was a bit of an outcry about that. “It’s all for money!”…”Why three movies for one book?”…and so on. I only saw it as good thing because we’d get to stay in Middle-Earth for that much longer.
    I’m outside my mind excited to see the next movie. I’ve got LotR feeling of when I was waiting for the next release.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    No offense Bob, but…

  • Groundloop

    I’ll have to be the contrarian (and channel Chez):

    I’m not a Tolkien fanboy, though I have the extended DVDs of The Lord of the Rings trilogy which I watch marathon style every couple of years, but I don’t care about The Hobbit. I work in the film/TV business and I was curious about the 48fps so I went to see part 1 in the theatre, and I thought it looked terrible. Not grindhouse terrible, but no “movie magic” terrible. I could see the crispness being well used in a nature documentary, but it felt jarring in an action/adventure movie, at least to me. Beyond that, the movie didn’t engage me at all. A bunch of characters we know barely anything about walking from fight scene to fight scene for nearly 3 hours. Fight scenes which have no suspense or jeopardy because Gandalf. All that said, Horses for Courses as the saying goes, and I hope ya’ll enjoy it.

    • Fabius_Maximus

      Don’t forget the Goblin king speaking Oxford English.

      Yeah, it wasn’t very good.

  • Christopher Foxx

    More ninja elves!!