Outreach

Comprehensive immigration reform is all but officially dead, which means it must be time for a new coat of paint for the RNC.

RNC chairman and woman’s healthcare product Reince Priebus announced today that he is appointing “Hispanic engagement staff” in seven states. For outreach.

“Today’s announcement is unprecedented,” RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said in a release. “This off-cycle effort will ensure our message of ‘opportunity for all’ reaches voters. We are building a ground game that will allow us to compete for every voter and will outlast any one cycle or campaign. I’m certain with these early and unprecedented investments we can achieve Republican victories up and down the ballot now and for years to come.”

The only thing unprecedented about this announcement is the RNC’s audacity to seek votes from people whom they assume are idiots.

No ground game or focus-tested messaging is going to erase legislative history or the ugly words of Iowa congressman and secret border control agent Steve King.

If the last several months have taught us anything, it’s that the Republican primary field in 2016 will likely be even more unhinged than it was in either 2012 or 2008.

This entry was posted in Immigration and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • beulahmo

    Reince Priebus, woman’s health care product — hahahahaha!
    I was thinking his name sounded like some sort of penis fungus.
    Sorry, JM. This really is a good post; I just couldn’t help jumping in to act like Beavis and/or Butthead for a minute. :-D

    • hanadora444

      I always thought that “Reince” was what you’d get if you tried to pronounce “RNC.”

    Ashby, your wit has been increasingly sharp as of late….woman’s health care product….that was good for a guffaw

    • mrbrink

      If I had to take someone into a debate rumble, I could take Ashby and walk away without a scratch never having said a word. Fierce wit!

      • stacib23

        You, sir, would be a damn, fine partner yourself.

  • D_C_Wilson

    “The only thing unprecedented about this announcement is the RNC’s audacity to seek votes from people whom they assume are idiots.”

    I don’t get it. What’s unprecedented about republicans assuming that people who may vote for them are idiots? Isn’t that what they always assume?

    • JMAshby

      The egregiousness of their double-talk with regards to Hispanic voters is beyond the norm.

  • drspittle

    “Opportunity For All” means Hispanic immigrants, African Americans and the poor should have the “opportunity” to be denied the right to vote, eat and see a doctor, They should also have the opporunity to hear themselves marginalized and demonized by Rethuglicans and Reich Wing Media.

  • Henry_Moody

    While DC Wilson totally beat me to it, it bears repeating:

    “The only thing unprecedented about this announcement is the RNC’s
    audacity to seek votes from people whom they assume are idiots.”

    Seriously?

    Love your stuff, Ashby. But you missed the mark with that one.

    • JMAshby

      See below. I just wasn’t clear enough.

  • mrbrink

    And by the way, Democrats have their own “Hispanic engagement staff.”

    They’re called “Democrats.”

    RNC Hispanic outreachers are in seven states, now, man! That’s 7 with an *S*. Like Seven Minute Outreach Abs! Buy yours today!