Quote of the Day

“May we forever be America home of the free if we do our part being America home of the brave.” Sarah Palin at yesterday’s 300 Man March or whatever

First of all, it’s “land of the free,” not “home of the free.” Second, what? I think she might’ve been trying to say, “America will remain free as long as we remain brave,” but she gunked it all up with word salad, as usual.

This entry was posted in Government Shutdown, Sarah Palin and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Sarah Palin seems like she’s always trying to score a notable quotable.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      And failing!

  • zirgar

    Stockman is literally mouth breathing during this entire video and Cruz has the dopey facial expressions of some awful character actor who was rejected for the part of one of the mental patients in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, only he’s not acting. And Palin? Well, Palin is Palin, in all of her awful tongue-tied, word-raping, dimwitted glory.

    You missed the best part! When Palin implied that Democratic lawmakers are using the veterans as pawns while she uses them as pawns while standing next to Cruz, who is one of the people behind the whole damn shutdown. They have no shame….just none.

    • Teddy’s Person

      And to make it worse their base gobbles this crap up with a spoon.

      • Nefercat

        They’ve figured out utensils? I’m surprised.

        • Teddy’s Person

          Thanks for the laugh (I needed one today), and my computer is thankful that I didn’t have any liquid in my mouth.

    • SEPA_Q

      Don’t remember where I saw it but Michelle Bachman was filmed, with her arm around an elderly veteran, actually SAYING that she would make sure the vets weren’t used as political pawns! Says the spokesperson of the group using them as political pawns! I may vomit.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Keith Olbermann said it best about Sarah Palin: “That woman is an idiot!”

  • Robert Scalzi

    I pray for the day a Real mama Grizzly actually eats this waste of carbon

    • Nefercat

      Poor grizzly. That’ll be some serious indigestion.

  • formerlywhatithink

    Sarah Palin – When you absolutely, positively need a word salad, she is always there.

    • Nefercat

      “When you absolutely, positively need a word salad…”

      Or a braying horse’s ass.

  • JMAshby

    U.S. Americans don’t have maps.

  • Nefercat

    So she is now part of a crowd that trashes and destroys government property owned by all of us, physically hurls things at the White House, and waves confederate flags at the black family currently living in the White House.

    This traitorous piece of filth is so disgusting that words fail in describing how sickening she is.

    The one bright spot is knowing that she will never get any closer to the White House than she did today.

    And hanging out with Klayman? Look who’s pallin’ around with terrorists now.

    Oh yes, and roast in hell, John McCain.

    • willpen

      “And hanging out with Klayman? Look who’s pallin’ around with terrorists now.”

      This just made my day… A++ for this.

      Oh and extra points for the “roast in hell, John McCain”

  • Badgerite

    So in her brain her ‘freedom’ involves making sure that people DON’T have health insurance because……..tyranny. They are not anti-communist. They are anti-middle class.

    • Nefercat

      They’re anti-brains. Or against the use of them anyway. If they had them to start with. Come to think of it, zombies are better people. They at least yearn for brains.

      • Badgerite

        This is true. Zombies do at least yearn for brains.

  • Badgerite

    I keep losing track as to what this shutdown is supposed to be about. It was supposed to be about stopping ‘Obamacare’, known to us in the rational world as the Affordable Care Act designed to make healthcare in the private markets affordable to average citizens and businesses and prevent the worst abuses that go on in the insurance markets. Now it is about sequester cuts? And now we have idiots showing up at the White House with Confederate Flags and telling the President to “put down the Quaran”. And if he doesn’t “put down the Quaran” , they will take the country into default and economic meltdown. Because…..jobs. WTF!
    Quomert was quoted as saying that a default would be an ‘impeachable offense’. Even though they are the ones insisting on default. They want to set the stage to impeach Obama for their default. These people have lost whatever they had left of their minds. I would call the paddy wagons.

    • Nefercat

      For the drooling goober racist wing of the GOP,it has always been about putting the blah President in his place. He will grovel, and he will apologize, and he will beg them to please please don’t punish him for daring to think that he had any right at all to think that he was just as good as a white person. That is all it has ever been about for them. Damage caused by the shutdown or a global catastrophe caused by default doesn’t bother them in the slightest because in their eyes it is all Obama’s fault for not knowing his place. They cannot be reasoned with and they cannot accept anything less than Obama’s complete and total destruction.

      For the corporatists, it has always been about getting rid of anyone who would slow down the destruction of the middle and working classes. These weasels might possibly be induced to think about negative consequences to their own bottom line.

      • willpen

        Yep… “uppity that one is” don’t know his place at’all…

  • feloniousgrammar

    Gilding the veterans is nauseating. They are not the apex of U.S. citizenry. They do not represent the U.S. any more than any other citizen. As a veteran, I say that as long as the active duty soldiers are getting paid, and other veterans are assured that they will get their benefits, albeit a little late (like everyone else whose pay is being furloughed) they are on the same footing as other federal workers. As a veteran I say, the most important people in our country right now are children. They have no recourse. They have no agency with which to navigate a self-imposed crisis. They are blameless. We, as adults, owe them basic standards of care when their parents can’t afford to provide that for them.

    Screw these self-worshipping, self-entitled, selfish jackasses. Every day is not Veteran’s Day. They do not deserve to be put before all other citizens for a “sacrifice” that most of them made willingly. I’ve met a lot of WW II vets that were wonderful, colorful people. Most of them were New Deal Democrats like most of the elderly I adored before a generation of bitter, hateful, religious zealots became the lion’s share of the elderly. And, has been pointed out in another comment on this topic. most of these men are not WW II veterans. Most of the WW II veterans that were there, were probably rolling over in their graves at a spectacle in which they were promoted as exceptional individuals because they served their country— the country that they understood was bigger than they were.

  • centerfielddj

    Egads, that’s unpleasant to listen to. It isn’t just the words she (mis)uses. Her voice is a blend of an air raid siren and the horn bleats from Charlie Brown’s teachers.