Quote of the Day: Harry Reid vs. Ted Cruz

“Ted Cruz is smart. He has always been able to talk down to people. He is now in the Senate. People are as smart as he is. He can’t talk down to anyone anymore. But he has still not accepted that in his own head. He still thinks he’s smarter than everybody else. He might be able to work a calculus problem better than I can. But he can’t legislate better than I can.” -Harry Reid

Bam! Pow!

PicardWining

I like this side of Harry Reid. I’d like to subscribe to his newsletter.

When you’re known for refusing to study with the little people from lesser Ivy league schools, or hanging a painting of other people painting you at the Supreme Court on your wall, you should expect to be properly ridiculed for it.

This entry was posted in Congress, Harry Reid, Quote and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    That painting reminds me of the scene in Being John Malkovich where John Malkovich enters the portal into himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Fuxkinhug

    • muselet

      Except Ted Cruz wouldn’t consider a situation like that to be at all nightmarish. He’d find it pleasant, even soothing.

        Oh, stop, just stop! LMFAO

        • muselet

          “Ted Cruz?”

          “Ted Cruz.”

          “Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz?”

          “Ted Cruz.”

          “Ted Cruz.”

          A conversation like that, between himself and a buxom female version of himself, would be Ted Cruz’s idea of heaven.

    I will quibble with Harry Reid on one small point: I doubt Ted Cruz has the slightest idea what calculus is, let alone how to use it. Apart from that, Reid’s analysis is spot on.

      If he did, he sure as sh*t wouldn’t have entered into the shutdown fiasco without a way to get out.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Being any sort of politician takes a certain amoung of ego, but Cruz looks to be a candidate for narcissistic personality disorder.

  • Teddy’s Person

    About that painting, all I can say is What. The. Fuck.

      The funniest thing about that is that Stephen Colbert has the same thing on his wall—a painting of a painting of himself. I don’t know which came first….Cruz’ painting on the wall or Colbert’s parody of narcissism — maybe it doesn’t matter!