Rick Perry Hand-Waves His Wife’s Comments on Abortion

When asked about his wife’s comments regarding abortion, Texas Governor Rick Perry said that sometimes “we’ll stick the wrong word in the wrong place,” implying that his wife either misspoke or wasn’t articulate enough.

There’s also another possibility — he’s retroactively changing her opinion for her.

For the record, this is what Anita Perry said:

“I see it as a woman’s right. If they want to do that, that is their decision, they have to live with that decision. It is not mine, it is not something that I would say for them [...] just like it’s a man’s right if he wants to have some kind of procedure.”

That seems fairly clear to me, and if she did ‘stick a word in the wrong place’ it must have been every single word.

Maybe that’s what Rick Perry is really trying to say; that his wife should just not speak.

He’s a charmer, isn’t he?

Notably, Rick Perry made these comments during an appearance with Republican senate candidate Steve Lonegan, who is challenging Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

Critics on the far left tell us that Cory Booker is a “crony capitalist” who is no different than Republicans, but at least he isn’t palling around with Rick Perry. Do Booker’s critics on the left believe he’s no different than Rick Perry?

lonegan-perry

While we’re on the subject of Steve Lonegan, he is a big supporter of the GOP Government Shutdown of 2013.

“If it takes some government shut down to put america back on track, let’s do it, bring it on, bring it on. You’ll have your police, you’ll have your schools, you’ll have your libraries because local government is the government that matters,” said Lonegan.

Bring it on!

This entry was posted in Abortion, Rick Perry, War On Women and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Maike Hudson

    For years, there have been rumors swirling around about what kind of marriage (of convenience?) those two have.

    • feloniousgrammar

      I do not in any way shape or form wish to denigrate gays; but I find it impossible not to suspect that Rick Perry is secretly gay. I’ve worked up close and personal with Log Cabin Republicans in Austin and I just feel this vibe about him when he starts putting down homosexuality.

      I could easily be wrong, but think it irresponsible not to speculate.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Irresponsible not to speculate?

        Good god.

        • feloniousgrammar

          You’re not aware of this joke and it’s origin, and it’s supposed to be my problem?

          • Christopher Foxx

            Gosh, sorry, fg. There are actually some jokes I’m not familiar with. Another failing on my part, I know. (Sheesh.)

          • mrbrink

            What I like about this is that your fail cloud has a silver lining.

  • blair houghton

    “local government is the government that matters”

    yep. they’re the ones who train and pay the first responders who rush into the burning towers when the feds fail to stop the hijackers

    so, uh, what’s Lonegan’s plan for stopping the terrorists from doing that, locally? just making his locale so poor and disgruntled that it’s a net exporter of terrorism?

  • stacib23

    Okay, how funny is it that the dude that was supposedly a serious candidate for the Republican nomination for president who said “oops” during a nationally televised debate has the audacity to talk about somebody using the wrong words. This is flippin’ hilarious.

  • feloniousgrammar

    Did you know that Rick Perry’s sister is an advocate for ambulatory surgical centers and stands to gain professionally and financially from legislation that requires abortion providing clinics to conform to regulations that are far and above what is required to provide safe abortions?

    http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2013/07/perrys-sister-an-advocate-for-ambulatory-surgical-centers/

  • Ipecac

    That’s some good ole Texas mansplainin’!

  • SEPA_Q

    “You’ll have your libraries”. Really? Because libraries’ budgets (including many in NJ) have been cut right and left because they “aren’t essential services” — or so people like this would have us believe! Not to mention that the shutdown closes the Library of Congress, which is just what it says — Congress’s library! But I don’t imagine Lonegan would know or care anyway.