Sen. Ted Cruz: ‘Anointed King’ Of Crazy

Image via HuffPo, via Businessweek

A recent poll of Republicans indicate that Sen. Ted Cruz is as favorable as ever among a majority of the party(60%), and while the rest of the civilized world is debating sedition charges, Thom Hartmann was going on and on this week about this must-read piece from Madfloridian reminding the world that Sen. Ted Cruz is, in fact, a bona fide religious wackaloon, explaining the historical relationship between the same Evangelicals that got George W. Bush elected, and Senator Ted Cruz’s divine powers of ‘anointed dominion’ over America.

“Frightening” is one word I’d use to describe this. Psychotic is another. But don’t tell that to Rafael Cruz, Ted Cruz’s creepy father who believes it is his son’s right to take control over all sectors of society.

In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the United States Senate, Cruz’ father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as “kings” to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the “Seven Mountains” mandate, and “bring the spoils of war to the priests”, thus helping to bring about a prophesied “great transfer of wealth”, from the “wicked” to righteous gentile believers.

….Discussion of the now-notorious speech by Rafael Cruz has missed the fact that Ted Cruz was subsequently blessed and anointed by prominent dominionist pastors, in effect as a “king” in the political/governmental sphere, at a special blessing ceremony at the Marriott Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa, at a July 19th-20th 2013 rally designed to draw pastors into politics.

For one to take dominion over America to bring about “a prophesied ‘great transfer of wealth’ from the ‘wicked’ to the righteous,” one must first be anointed at the Marriott Hotel in Des Moines, Iowa.

The piece goes on to cite Bruce Wilson’s work connecting legendary Evangelical vote-suppressor, Paul Weyrich– whose career was based upon attacking liberals and government with ruthless abandon– to Ted Cruz, whom he personally mentored on how to be good little domestic terrorists for Republican Jesus, with devious nuggets of God-fearing wisdom, like these:

We will maintain a constant barrage of criticism against the Left. We will attack the very legitimacy of the Left. We will not give them a moment’s rest.

We will use guerrilla tactics to undermine the legitimacy of the dominant regime. We will take advantage of every available opportunity to spread the idea that there is something fundamentally wrong with the existing state of affairs. For example, we could have every member of the movement put a bumper sticker on his car that says something to the effect of “Public Education is Rotten; Homeschool Your Kids.” This will change nobody’s mind immediately; no one will choose to stop sending his children to public schools immediately after seeing such a bumper sticker; but it will raise awareness and consciousness that there is a problem. Most of all, it will contribute to a vague sense of uneasiness and dissatisfaction with existing society. We need this if we hope to start picking people off and bringing them over to our side. We need to break down before we can build up. We must first clear away the flotsam of a decayed culture.

Normally, I don’t get into outing Dominionists, but these people are sitting in places of power trying to destroy the government because it has been foretold by people like Rafael Cruz– a two-bit hustler for religious fanaticism– and a super majority of Republicans sing his praises.

It’s worth noting that these are the same people who want us to regret ever siding with President Obama over Republicans like Senator Ted Cruz. Because they are insane.

This entry was posted in Crazy Caucus, Elections, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Government Shutdown, Liberalism, Religion, Republican Party, Senate, Terrorism and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • missliberties

    Thanks for highlighting this.

    I heart some of Hartman’s radio show this week, and this sh*t is just all kinds of creepy awful.

  • formerlywhatithink

    Will the fricking IRS please start enforcing the fucking rules and start taxing these “churches” and “pastors” who meddle with politics?

  • D_C_Wilson

    There’s no understating how dangerous these people are. They don’t want to advance a few policy agenda items through the democratic process. Their goal is to upend democracy itself. They hate the very idea that people who do not think like they do have any say in how the government is run. Their beliefs are completely counter to the principles upon which this country was founded.

    Yet another point of connection (aka, “teaser”) for next month’s blockbuster film “FauxliBuster & Half-Gov”… wasn’t SP also ‘annointed’ before she began her climb to irrelevancy greatness?

    • feloniousgrammar

      Her church is all about “Joel’s Army”. At some point, if we failed to get enough liberals and non-batshit-religious Republicans into the Federal Government, then I imagine all these flavors of Evangelicals would fight among themselves. Splintering is what Protestants tend to do. Individual congregations become their own cults, then spread, then splinter…

      The thought of Ted Cruz being on the Supreme Court, which appears to be what he is being groomed for, is terrifying.

        Well, Cardinal Scalia can’t live forever.

  • muselet

    I knew Ted Cruz was a loon. Now I understand why.

    People like Rafael Cruz are dangerous.

    –alopecia

  • feloniousgrammar

    On a personal level, I suspect that many people who have genuine religious experiences (feelings of transcendence— not actual experiences of an actual God) and people who experience ecstatic trances that were produced purposely through manipulation* believe that they have become imbued and have advanced to a higher order of human being.

    I just read the following in a paper that recommends a category of psychological disturbance and self-deception called “Transpersonal Identity Disorder”. It’s a delusional psychological state that takes control of a personality and is shared among others who validate and encourage the deluded persons to use all their energy to maintain it, lest they fall back to Earth and find themselves mortal and capable of being fools.

    … a “spiritual” tendency to minimize physical experience and personal needs; a difficulty in recognizing “lower” or “negative” feelings in oneself and others; a workaholism in the name of service to a higher good; a habit of taking the higher, “more spiritual” point of view as a defense; an attachment to the beliefs that support the transpersonal identification; a dedication to spiritual practice that becomes addictive; a tendency to rationalize immoral or destructive behavior as transcendence of consensual norms; an enthrallment with secret, esoteric knowledge; an intolerance of those we deem materialistic, less evolved, or unenlightened; or a belief that we have grown completely beyond the reach of our childhood wounding.

    It would behoove normal people, whether religious or not, to draw a distinction between people who freely practice their religion, and people who are leaders or followers of a thought control cult that is actively working to take over the country. The separation between church and state needs to be strengthened, of course, but I think we also need to recognize and sanction pathologically controlling behavior and learn to set limits on it as a society.

    * like the tricks used in advertising and mega-churches to get people to unhand their money for the promise of something that the product they are paying for can’t/won’t produce.

      * like the tricks used in advertising and mega-churches and the Republican Party to get people to unhand their money for the promise of something that the product they are paying for can’t/won’t produce.

      FTFY :)

  • drspittle

    I keep meaning to read “The Family” by Jeff Sharlet, but I’m just finishing This Town and am so depressed and angry “The Family” would probably depress me even further.