“Stand With Tom Cruise”

It’s not clearly stated which Republican Senator this Bloomberg columnist interviewed but, according to the unnamed senator, his constituents were both not pleased by his actions during the GOP Government Shutdown and a little confused about who and what he should have supported.

Some conservative groups, he says, also took a novel approach in demanding that elected officials share not only their policy goals but also their tactics, and treating disagreement over tactics as a betrayal of principle. Their efforts sometimes produced amusing results. The senator’s office got phone calls urging him to vote against “keister” and “cluster” rather than cloture, for instance, and to “stand with Tom Cruise,” presumably meaning Senator Ted Cruz.

top-gun-cruise

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    And, Senator, that was your base. As your years wear on into the autumn of your days and your life’s end draws nigh, will you feel pride, remembering that every time these stunned mullets said jump, your response was to ask how high?

    No more pear pimples for hairy fishnuts!!!!

    • feloniousgrammar

      Exactly!

    • Christopher Foxx

      Somebody has been disparaging asparagus!!

  • feloniousgrammar

    Voting on Tom Cruise’s keister would have been more productive. It would have saved us 24 billion smackaroos and a whole lot of the kind of stress that causes crushing dread and overwhelming existential angst.

  • Christopher Foxx

    From the link:

    “I’m being shredded by the Tea Party radio people today,” [the unnamed Senator] says, although he doesn’t seem concerned about it.

    If only more Senators realized that’s the proper way to feel about the Tea Party whiners.

    • Christopher Foxx

      And:

      House Republicans from his state have told him how much happier some of their colleagues would be if they were in the minority and could just lob spitballs at the Democrats.

      “We don’t want to govern. Governing is hard. Can’t we just whine and point and always say ‘No’?”

      A bunch of sociopathic babies.

  • gescove

    This is Goose. I stand with Maverick.

  • roxsteady1

    I’m guessing it was Mitch McConnell. The “moochers” in his state are enjoying the benefits of the gubmint more than the Blue States. Of course, that could be said for all of the Red States. Like everything else they just don’t know it. By the way, off topic a bit, where the hell is Mike Lee? While Curz takes his victory tour Lee seems to have disappeared. Maybe the fact that Utah has the highest amount of government workers in the country has something to do with his absence?

  • muselet

    Always remember, kids, the votes of the people making those phone calls count just as much as ours, and they vote.

    –alopecia

    • Badgerite

      Good point. Terrifying thought, but true. So when you don’t turn out to vote or you waste your vote on a Dennis Kucinich wanna be, you are letting those people decide the future. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.