Symbolic or Shambolic?

monkeycourt

Remember the symbolic gesture of approval for a symbolic resolution that we discussed on Tuesday?

The House passed their resolution yesterday and 79 Republicans voted to disapprove of their own votes to raise the debt ceiling.

The symbolic “resolution to disapprove” of the borrowing limit increase passed the House on a 222-191 vote. All Democrats voted against it. It was required by a provision inserted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), seemingly aimed at giving lawmakers cover to say they opposed raising the debt limit.

TPM has the full list of 79 cowardly horse’s asses that voted to disapprove of their own votes.

You could also read that as 79 representatives who expressed regret that they didn’t allow us to default.

Meanwhile, House Republican leadership is reportedly having trouble coming up with an agenda for the final days of 2013.

They could pass immigration reform, a comprehensive farm bill that doesn’t kick children off of SNAP, or a reasonable replacement for sequester, but I suppose passing the legislative equivalent of fart jokes for the next several weeks is probably all they can muster.

In hindsight, we may actually be better off if that’s all they do for the next several weeks.

This entry was posted in Congress and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    I believe Palin (her ghostwriter) has dibsies on “shambolic” according to the latest demented prattlings from that scraggly harpy.

    • KarenJ

      She (her ghostwriter) has moved on to being an unpaid shill for “ShamWow” as evidenced by her latest Facebook screed.

      • Nefercat

        Well, if they are sticking with the “sham” syllable, maybe there is some dim-witted wisps of self-awareness going on.

  • blair houghton

    dear opponents of cowardly assholes: take this ball and run with it

  • Christopher Foxx

    Why do the Democrats even bother to show up to vote for these piles of shit?

    “You go on ahead and keep making your pointless “symbolic” votes. We’re going to be over here doing actual work.”

  • feloniousgrammar

    They’re mocking themselves. These people are demented.