The Bottom Line, Part 2

RepLeeTerry

Who else is adamant about keeping their paycheck? Representative Lee Terry (R-NE).

When asked if he would keep his paycheck, he said “dang straight.” And that’s not all.

What about the other members who were donating or forgoing their pay?

“Whatever gets them good press,” Terry said. “That’s all that it’s going to be. God bless them. But you know what? I’ve got a nice house and a kid in college, and I’ll tell you we cannot handle it. Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it? That’s just not going to fly.”

Oh. Well, shit. He worked and he earned it. He has a nice house and a kid in college. Giving up his paycheck voluntarily isn’t going to fly.

I suppose the federal employees that Rep. Lee Terry and his colleagues have put out of a job or out of pay didn’t earn it. And I’m sure none of them have homes or kids in school either, right? They aren’t real people and those aren’t real jobs.

Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC), who said yesterday that the “bottom line” is that she needs her paycheck, apparently wasn’t being completely honest because today she changed her mind and decided to have her paycheck withheld. And just in case you forgot, Ellmers would like to remind you that this is Obama’s fault.

Honestly I’m reaching the outer limits of snark and professionalism. These people will suck your brain straight out of your eye-sockets with their rage-inducing hubris and ignorance.

(photo via AP)

This entry was posted in Assholery, Jackassery, Quote and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it?

    What’s laughable is that republicans haven’t been doing their job for years. Walking around from one photo op after another trying to scare up from red meat for the base isn’ the job they were elected to do. Passing a budget is. What exactly has he done to “earn it”?

      I guess he considers fellating the base as work. I would consider it torture. Apparently what Tea Party Republicans think they were elected to do is:
      1. Produce as much public outrage as possible
      2. ?
      3. Winning!

      • DHaradaStone

        Extra points for using the gerund “fellating” in political commentary.

      • drspittle

        You’re all forgetting a most important part of their job description – insulting and demeaning Federal employees (e.g., Park Ranger at monument, Issa barking at Capitol police). Putting the great unwashed moochers in their places is a great service.

      • 1933john

        2. Fornicating The Canine.(Expurgated version)

    • Teddy’s Person

      Pressing the up vote button to infinity.

        /bows

  • gescove

    “These people will suck your brain straight out of your eye-sockets with their rage-inducing hubris and ignorance.” FTW – nothing to add.

  • muselet

    Boy, talk about non-essential federal employees …

    Shame this turd until he has to give up his paycheck to save face.

  • trgahan

    I thought getting paid for doing nothing was the WHOLE problem the Tea Party had with government in the first place! I am beginning to think certain parts of our country are just really upset a black guy twice got elected President…just a feeling.

      It’s irresponsible not to speculate….

    • nathkatun7

      You know, trgahan, voting to oppose everything the “illegitimate” black guy is for is really worth a six figure income. I mean that’s really hard work! Besides, it requires listening to Fox News 24-7 plus Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all the myriads right wing talk radios. It also means listening to the so called mainstream media, and especially the WH Press Corp., who also hate President Obama just as much as the tea baggers You really don’t understand the hard work it takes to keep up, and faithfully represent, all these Obama haters! You don’t understand that the Obama haters are working hard to save America!

      Only an Un-American President would dare pass a law that requires insurance not to deny medical insurance coverage to people, and especially children, with pre-existing condition; or require insurance companies to cover young adults, below the age of 26, on their parents health insurance. Only an Un-American President, who must stopped at any cost, including shutting down the government, would dare pass a law that makes it possible for uninsured people to buy quality insurance on market exchanges that lowers their cost of insurance.

      Just in case you and the other liberals forget, the Tea baggers were organized precisely to stop all this anti American crap that says that all Americans are entitled to quality and affordable health insurance. The tea baggers in Congress, and outside Congress, want every one know how hard they are working to make sure that every one understands that health care is a privilege and not a right. The only
      rights that our government should be focused on protecting and advancing are: the right to own guns including military assault weapons; the right of corporations, including banks, to exploit their customers without government intervention and the right of corporations to pollute the environment as long as it maximizes profits. Surely, you know that defending all these rights requires hard work. Shutting down the government because Obama insists on extending insurance to all Americans requires even more work.

      It’s the kind of hard work that demands the GOP leadership to make sure that no votes will be taken to re-open the government until President Obama and the Democrats in Congress agree to deny millions of Americans the chance to buy health insurance, and also do away with the requirements that Health insurances must not deny insurance to people with pre-existing conditions, or refuse young adults before the age of 26 to remain on their parent’s insurances.