The Experiment

Experiment

Artist – Randy Bish

In other news, the state of Ohio is poised to expand Medicaid under Obamacare, extending Medicaid coverage to as many as 275,000 people.

To quote Vice President Joe Biden, it’s a “big fuckin’ deal.”

If the Republicans want to run on a platform of rolling back healthcare reform in 2016, they’ll have to propose that we take healthcare away from 275,000 swing state voters. And, more importantly, they’ll have to propose that we roll back a program that hasn’t cost the state of Ohio anything. The federal government will cover 100 percent of the cost of expanding Medicaid for the first few years.

This entry was posted in Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mrbrink

    You have to admire the collective gall of the media taking the sharp pivot away from the heaping wreckage that GOP terrorism just left in this country. After a 16-day shutdown/hostage stand-off, near-default, the lasting damage to the economy and America’s credibility, the media wants to know why Healthcare dot gov has failed the Republican party’s sincere expectations.

    Like advocates for arsonists demanding to know why the government is so flammable, the beltway press is shamelessly determined to level the playing field and drag the GOP back from the mental institution still wearing their out-patient robes.

    Republicans= Glitches. They should call themselves before congress to demand to know why they’re trying to destroy the country and the media should be taking them to the woodshed for their duplicity and the still-warm shutdown corpse they left on the White House lawn. This is all to make the GOP look principled and of sound mind as they jerked the country into yet another ditch. To lend them undo advantages in the marketplace of ideas, and to promote their insidious evil as a credible means of advancing the debate to their favor.

    It’s sickening to watch them carry the water up the hill.

    • Nefercat

      + A bazillion more upvotes if I could.