The Only Thing Republicans Really Hate About ‘Obamacare’ is ‘Obama’

My Friday column:

It’s no secret that the most loathsome character in the extraordinarily loathsome U.S. House of Representatives is Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX). In case you’re not aware of Stockman, he’s the first term congressman from Ron Paul’s former district in Texas who invited Ted Nugent to the State of the Union and who produced a bumper sticker calling for the arming of fetuses to prevent abortions (a not-so-veiled statement about killing abortion doctors).

It’s also no secret that this week was perhaps one of the most dismal polling weeks for members of Congress. The polling has been so horrendous it led bipartisan pollsters for both NBC News and the Wall Street Journal to refer to Thursday’s numbers as “jaw-dropping.”

In spite of the harrowing numbers, including ones that suggested dog poop and hemorrhoids are worse than Congress, Mr. Stockman tweeted this:

“57% of Americans oppose ObamaCare. @BarackObama and @TheDemocrats call them ‘terrorists’ and refuse to open the government.”

Let’s do the second part first. I’ve never heard the president refer to Americans as “terrorists,” and the only Americans who some congressional Democrats have compared to terrorists are the congressional Republicans. But, naturally, the House Republicans only make up around 0.00007 percent of the American population. So right there, Mr. Stockman is just making things up… [CONTINUE READING]

This entry was posted in Healthcare, Poll, Steve Stockman, The Daily Banter and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Bob, as you know I’ve been firing Twitter shots at Stockman for a while now. It won’t change a thing about how vile he is personally (he’s an impenetrable brick who enjoys being a partisan fraud and just jerking the chains of liberals), but I sure enjoy letting him know what a despicable, foul toad he is, anyway. Honestly, I’ve discovered that if he tweets something you can rest assured that the complete opposite is the truth, which you point out so nicely here. Most politicians will tweet their opinions on things, which is fine, but he goes over and beyond by being a totally shameless dickbag of a turd herder.

      “turd herding”….that’s a new one for me but oh so appropriate for Stockman who spits out crap like a pez dispenser.