The Trailer for the New Lance Armstrong Documentary, ‘The Armstrong Lie’

Before the evidence was in, I defended this guy’s right to a fair investigation. While I’m highly disappointed, I still believe Lance was the product of a pervasive atmosphere in all of sports: in order to compete, drugs are/were necessary because everyone is/was doing it. And I still contend that the same people blasting the drug users probably complain about a less exciting drug-free sport. For example, take the painkillers and HGH out of football and watch what happens.

What I can’t defend, of course, are his bullying tactics and vindictiveness — behavior that ruined other riders.

Anyway, I’ll be interested to see the entire documentary.

This entry was posted in Cycling and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • feloniousgrammar

    The provenance is questionable, but it has a ring to it.

  • Robert Scalzi

    you left out the Lies… which he only begrudgingly admitted to, personally I was never a big fan but the guy turned out to be a total douche -

  • Auld_mac

    Having been briefly acquainted with Mr. Armstrong I can assure you that he is quite deserving of any and all disdain he can receive as he is a self absorbed arse.

  • Mark Cleary

    <>

    In other words, two wrongs make a right.

    Stop defending this douchebag.

      Not defending him any more. I’m just being realistic. Drugs are everywhere and people want sports with drugs.

      • http://JCohenMusic.com Justin Cohen

        Bob, I can’t believe you are going there. People don’t want sports with drugs, they want amazing athletes competing on a fair playing field. Would the bike races be less exciting if there were no drugs and everyone took a little longer to finish the race?

        One of the most exciting spectacles in sports is the NCAA Basketball Tournament (aka March Madness). Do we need or want drugs in there?

        i understand why athletes make the decision to take drugs but it has nothing to do with people wanting sports with drugs. It’s all about the athlete’s desire to win, be the best, make lots of money.

        Fans of sports would greatly prefer a drug free environment where the most naturally gifted, hardest working athletes rise to the top.

        I know you loved and defended Lance, but it appears your emotions relating to his betrayal of your trust and support are clouding your judgment on this issue.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Things are going to get even murkier as science starts mass producing artificial muscles and cybernetic joints. Will we have two tiers of sport? One for unenhanced humans and the other for completely rebuilt genetically modified cyborg? If that happens, will sports be less about talent and training and more about how has the best engineering team?