Worst Person in the World

johnson_pageheader

Senator Ron Johnson (R-WI) is planning to file a lawsuit to increase the cost of healthcare for congressional staffers, including his own. Because Ron Johnson is a dick.

The LA Times’ Mike Memoli reports that Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) will file a lawsuit to prevent Congressional staffers and lawmakers from receiving subsidies when they purchase coverage in the Affordable Care Act’s exchanges, substantially increasing their health care costs.

As you may recall, Republicans tried to accomplish this during the GOP Government Shutdown. They wanted to prevent congressional staffers from using their employer contribution to purchase healthcare as a condition for raising the debt ceiling and reopening the federal government, and they were rightfully lambasted for it.

That plan didn’t pan out and now Senator Ron “Dick” Johnson is planning to file a lawsuit to accomplish it.

This is the same Ron Johnson who embarrassed himself early this year during the hearings on Benghazi when he accused Hillary Clinton of faking her emotional reactions. John Kerry took him to school the following day.

If Johnson’s lawsuit is successful (I don’t think it will be) it would effectively reduce the income of congressional staffers by thousands of dollars.

This entry was posted in Assholery, Congress, Worst Persons and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JimmyAbra

    Remember this was the guy who was voted over Feingold…

    • WiscoJoe

      Also remember that Ron Johnson ran his entire campaign based on the premise that Feingold was a partisan hack and that he would bring a truly independent voice to the Senate. Also Johnson ran a few ads where his kids talked about what a great dad he is. Seriously.

      Of course that was in 2010, and a lot of progessives/liberals just couldn’t be bothered to turn out to vote for Feingold because they hadn’t gotten the magic pony they thought they had promised and both parties are awful, etc.

    • WiscoJoe

      Ha, a poll from Marquette (gold standard in Wisconsin) was just released.

      Sen. Tammy Baldwin has a 47% approval rating, while Sen. Johnson has a 28% approval rating.

  • WiscoJoe

    Of course the two largest newspapers in Wisconsin have nothing on this story. Instead they are both running the headline, “Johnson bill would allow people to keep health plans.” Because see Obama lied and now people with fly-by-night insurance are being forced to get better insurance.

    Of course Johnson also supports legislation that would allow employers to cut or eliminate insurance based on moral/religious grounds. Perhaps a better headline would be “Johnson bill would allow people to keep health plans as long as they don’t have pre-existing conditions and as long as they can afford it without any sort of government subsidies, unless their boss has a moral objection to birth control, psychiatry, blood transfusions…”

  • blair houghton

    What must life be like in the districts that elect these trolling asshats? Can you imagine trying to prosecute your life among a plurality of these sociopaths?

    • Badgerite

      Johnson is a Senator. Unfortunately he was elected by the whole state.

      Can you imagine trying to prosecute your life among a plurality of these sociopaths?

      Yes, I can. I live in AZ. It sucks balls.

  • js hooper

    The Reuplican party’s slogan should be…”We hate people.We hurt people. Vote for us!”

  • Badgerite

    I miss Russ Feingold.