Your Morning Derp

“If raising the debt ceiling was the answer, we wouldn’t have this discussion because we’ve raised it 14 times since 2001, and all we’ve done is gain more debt and more interest on our debt.” -Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL) on fixing the economy

Bless his stupid heart, Ted Yoho is still confused about how the debt ceiling works.

Increasing the debt ceiling does not increase our debt, it allows the treasury to pay for spending Congress has already authorized. It also doesn’t increase the interest on debt.

Guess what does increase interest.

Defaulting on your debt does. Even the threat of default can increase borrowing costs.

This entry was posted in Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Razor

    And this idiot is in congress.

  • desertflower1

    Stupid Ted should stick with what he knows…that would be sticking his arm up large animal asses. He’s an idiot.

      Not arm, head.

      • feloniousgrammar

        A man and a dummy? Two dummies? This is an oddly beautiful image— great composition and balance of grays. It’s much more attractive than it is when Ted Yoho does it.

  • desertflower1

    Yes, Bob:) Head. Fits soooo much better

  • mrbrink

    Here’s how the debt works. You elect a bunch of fiscal conservatives who start wars without ever planning to pay for them, funnel the proceeds to corporate scumbags(picking losers, of course)distribute a trillion dollars in tax cuts directly to rich(more losers), crash the global economy and blame it on the poor, obstruct government to a standstill, then shut government down, then threaten to destroy the global economy again and blame it on the poor, and when the economy loses $24 billion dollars and hundreds of thousands of jobs, pretend like it never happened. Done and done.

    • Brutlyhonest

      You forgot to put dick quotes around “fiscal conservatives”

      • mrbrink

        The dick quotes were implied. ; )

    • feloniousgrammar

      I can say with every bit of love I have for the human race that we would be immediately better off if these vandals had the strokes and heart attacks they try so hard to give others and died from them— preferably en masse in one of their millions of dollars unnecessary hearings about a “scandal” they made up.

      I cannot believe that this feeling is the slightest bit uncharitable, because I really do love the human race with all my breaking heart and fading soul.