Your Morning Derp

rand_paul_derp

While speaking to a smattering of lobbyists and astrotruf-ees holding signs that read “Obama hates coal miners,” Senator Rand Paul decried “Hollywood liberals” and their American-made electric cars.

“Are any of you Hollywood liberals?” Paul asked to a riled-up crowd that answered with a resounding “No!”

“I can’t wait till their electric cars stop running,” he said to cheers. [...]

“They plug their car into the wall and they think that just because they can’t see the smoke coming from the smoke stack that somehow that electricity is perfectly clean because it came out of the wall,” Paul said on Tuesday.

Here’s the problem: Rand Paul drives a Toyota Prius.

He said so himself at the Values Voters Summit earlier this month.

But let’s get back to what’s really important, and that’s President Obama’s hatred of coal miners. Some of those in attendance at the rally also held signs that read “supporting coal supports freedom.”

Does the president hate freedom, too? Obviously. I bet he’d kick your dog and drink your milkshake if given half a chance.

This entry was posted in Energy, Quote, Rand Paul, Super Stupid and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    So Rand, we can never ever no way no how have any innovation in energy technology?
    He’s a pandering twit…nothing more.

  • Gene Lyons

    No sympathy for Rand Paul. However, a Prius generates its own electricity via a gasoline engine. It doesn’t plug into the wall. No hypocrisy there, merely the usual folly.

    • JMAshby

      I am aware of how a Prius operates. Forest for the trees.

  • Ryan Gray

    So what he’s saying is he supports electric cars, but only if the electricity comes from renewable energy. Sounds great to me. I can’t wait to see what green legislation he proposes.

  • blair houghton

    “Cognitive dissonance” is the 4×8 fiberboard holding up the wormy veneer of the GOP platform.

      If only it would go ahead and collapse.

  • mrbrink

    “Are any of you Hollywood liberals?”

    He’s still working from the 1938 Hitler vs. the World playbook. The playbook from the Reefer-madness/McCarthy-Reagan era. I could just see these fucking rubes taking over and organizing death squads against the Hollywood sign, renaming it, “Libertalia” in some stupid Pledge of Allegiance ceremony that passes the keys to Jerry Falwell Jr.

    Let’s not waste another moment pulling artists and Jews and the Obama lovers out of their beds and ship them off to camps where they can concentrate on their re-education.

    For liberty and freedom! Y’all want to be free, don’t ya? Well seize your freedom!!!

    I’ve never heard people outside of the NAZIS and the Klan try so hard at making certain people targets for societal extermination. There are women and children in Hollywood. It’s not all just Jews and Communists, or is it? At what age do we begin to turn into Marxists?

    When he speaks it sounds like an ice cream truck being murdered.

    “We must rid the Fatherland of the disease which threatens our way of life and all who stand in our way!!!”

    Because Libertarianism!

  • Brutlyhonest

    littlerandpaul was here in SE Virginia over the weekend stumping for ken “vaginal probe” cuccinelli. Among the other ridiculous things he said, he whined about out-of-staters trying to influence the election. The irony was lost on all in attendance.

  • feloniousgrammar

    Today is Mine Rescue Day. http://www.msha.gov/FromtheDesk/FromtheDesk10302013.asp

    I bet a lot of people who work on rescue teams that respond to mine disasters like being acknowledged and supported beyond seeing signs everywhere thanking God after they risk their lives rescuing people trapped in mines.

    “Limosine liberals” aren’t doing the work that makes miners safer and trains them for new industries— the government is— Obama’s administration is. And he’s also established a council to support and strengthen rural communities. http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/06/09/obama-administration-establishes-white-house-rural-council-strengthen-ru