You’re Doing Great

The Republican party isn’t the only one whose approval rating is in the toilet.

Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Mike Lee (R-UT), the face of the GOP Government Shutdown, are plummeting in the polls.

The survey found that 26 percent have a favorable view of the Texas Republican, against 36 percent unfavorable. That makes 62 percent of the public that has an opinion on Cruz, up from 42 percent in June, when 24 percent had a favorable view of him against 18 percent unfavorable – a 16-point negative swing.

The Gallup poll comes on the heels of a Brigham Young University survey that found Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) losing favor in his home state. Lee has seen a 20-point negative swing in his favorability rating from the same poll in June, and now sits at 40 percent favorable and 51 percent unfavorable in Utah.

While the failures of John Boehner currently occupy much of the news cycle, let it not be forgotten that Senator Mike Lee initiated the march toward shutdown in July when he began assembling a Coalition of the Willing.

Ted Cruz, for his part, laid out the case against Obamacare by making fart noises with his armpit for 21 hours.

This entry was posted in Government Shutdown, Poll and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    “Ted Cruz, for his part, laid out the case against Obamacare by making fart noises with his armpit for 21 hours.” I don’t like to correct bloggers on their posts, but since Ted Cruz constantly talks out of his ass, those sounds, while fart noises, were in fact coming out of his mouth/ass.

  • Zen Diesel

    Buddy Christ sez Polls we don’t believe in no stinkin Polls!!!!

  • RilesSD

    Yeah but what are his numbers in his district? Idiots like Cruz and Boehner keep getting elected even though their national numbers are terrible.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Cruz is a senator. He doesn’t have a district.

      • RilesSD

        I stand corrected.

        • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

          I made a similar mistake some time ago. You learn stuff when you post with these guys. :0)

  • Mike_Norris

    And then there was this:

    Liberal Group Sends Fruit Basket To Thank Ted Cruz For Still Talking:

    The progressive group Americans United for Change is possibly Sen. Ted Cruz’s biggest fan right now. The more the tea party Republican talks about the need to sink Obamacare and use the government shutdown as leverage, it seems, the lower his party’s ratings seem to go. So the group sent Cruz a fruit basket on Friday, along with a note of thanks for still talking.

    Here’s the note that was attached to the basket:

    “Dear Ted, a Texas sized thank you!!! Thanks to you, Obamacare is more popular and the GOP is less so. Keep up the Good Work!!!”

  • D_C_Wilson

    Yeah, but what do the unskewed polls say about him?

    • feloniousgrammar

      And His name shall be Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Holy one
      The everlasting Father, the everlasting Father
      The Prince of Israel

  • formerlywhatithink

    “If you seek out liberal Obama supporters and ask them their views, they’re going to tell you they’re liberal Obama supporters. That’s not reflective of where this country is,” Cruz told NBC News in an interview at the Capitol.

    snip

    “I’ll note that that poll was very heavily weighted with an awful lot of Democrats with an awful lot of Obama supporters and 20 percent of the people polled were government workers,” Cruz said.

    snip

    “So, I don’t think it’s surprising that the people who work for the government who are supporters of the president and who are Democrats support the president, are Democrats and blame Republicans for the things that are bad in this country,” he said.

    http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/11/20924466-cruz-scoffs-at-nbcwsj-poll-thats-not-reflective-of-where-this-country-is?lite

    In other words: lalalalalalalalalalalalala…I can’t hear you…lalalalalalalalalalala

  • trgahan

    Is the negative swing because A) people don’t like the shut down and blame these specific asshats for it or B) because they haven’t destroyed Obama yet and the frothy base is getting desperate for someone to finally get that n……